Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#981189 - 06/24/08 06:55 PM BSA Officer contingency Planning
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
Can anyone direct me to something in writing that supports the expectation that there should be someone in the bank who is qualified to be a back-up for the BSA Officer in the case of sudden illness, etc? We were told at a BSA seminar that this is a hot topic with the examiners but were give no further information. I want to use this as a comment in my BSA Audit and would like something to back the comment up.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#982697 - 06/26/08 01:58 PM Re: BSA Officer contingency Planning Ready to Retire
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
I am the BSA Officer at my bank. We recently had a BSA exam and the examiners were very happy to hear that I had Board approved, trained back-up. We are a small bank, so my back-up person also wears many other hats, but she has been designated and trained. I don't think that this is included in any regulation, it is a strong "recommendation".

Return to Top
#982903 - 06/26/08 03:57 PM Re: BSA Officer contingency Planning renniks
WonderWoman Offline
Diamond Poster
WonderWoman
gone fishin'
My examiners have been very happy to see a binder that I put together that detailed MY procedures. (what I do on a daily, monthly, quarterly ... etc ... basis)

So if I were to win the lottery & run off to Mexico - someone could essentially pick up my binder & run the show.

at least that's the idea. :o)

Return to Top
#983013 - 06/26/08 05:06 PM Re: BSA Officer contingency Planning WonderWoman
Ms Auditor Offline
100 Club
Upstate NY
A couple of years ago our examiners asked us to put a contingency plan in place. We've identified a trained individual to fill in for the BSA Officer if the need should ever arise.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z