BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#98241 - 09/11/03 02:36 PM Re: Big Brother
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Aw, man! When I saw it was an endurance contest, I knew Alison would win it. She has the tenacity of a barnacle.

Looks like we'll be facing the scenario most dreaded by the vast majority of viewers: Jun vs. Alison. Neither of them will want Robert in the F2 because he'll command too many votes. (Then again, on the other hand, if he gets shoved into the jury he'll complete the commanding voting bloc of Dana/Jee/Justin/Robert, so it might be safer to bring him along and leave D/J/J as an incomplete triad that can't automatically name the BB winner.)

While I find both of the women to be unpleasant, I believe Jun to be the fakiest faker that ever faked, and I don't like her smirking. So reluctantly, I'd have to back Alison, even though she feels she deserves the money simply because everyone else already has more than her and therefore she should win on the grounds of poverty.

Damn. Erika will be missed. She was a pleasant and level-headed non-hater. And also she was quite fine, yo.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#98242 - 09/11/03 04:29 PM Re: Big Brother
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
See, that's why I don't want Alison to win - she seems to feel she's ENTITLED to that money. Also she's very whiny. That just gets on my nerves. I'd rather have Jun win it - at least she has made some effort to play the game and weasel her way to the top legitimately (I never think the "nice" person should win, but always the person who played the game the best - think Richard Hatch on Survivor 1.) I'd like to see Robert win, but I don't think either Jun or Ali would be foolhardy enough to take him to the final, knowing he has at least Jee, Dana & Justin waiting.

And my husband also thinks Erika is pretty; I just don't see it myself.

Return to Top
#98243 - 09/11/03 09:29 PM Re: Big Brother
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, I must be having a brain fart because I cannot find the summaries at Television without Pity and wwww.survivorsucks.com doesn't work for me. Can you please give me the exact websites? I don't think I can ask my IT guy why SurvivorSucks.com doesn't work. Do you think he locked us out of it??

I have been going to this site, but the updates take a day or so to get there and you have much more timely information!
http://tvclubhouse.bomis.com/discus/messages/1087027/1087028.html

Return to Top
#98244 - 09/11/03 11:41 PM Re: Big Brother
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Actually, the TWoP forums are down right now as they migrate the site to a new system, so I'll have to provide a link later on...

Return to Top
#98245 - 09/12/03 12:34 PM Re: Big Brother
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore

Return to Top
#98246 - 09/17/03 09:35 PM Re: Big Brother
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where are the comments from last night's show. We knew that the final 2 would be Jun and Alison so really the only question is who wins the votes. Dana should be able to convince Justin to vote for Jun who would then have Jee's vote and should have Nates. Which means Dana, Jack and Robert go for Alison and Jun wins unless Justin feel's the moment of the X and gives her the vote. If Robert stays he wins all the way. What do you think?

Return to Top
#98247 - 09/18/03 12:52 PM Re: Big Brother
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Well Robert's gone so it is between Jun & Allison, as expected. Here's how I see it:

Dana will NEVER vote for Allison, and I can't see Justin doing it either. I think Jee will fall into line with them.

Nathan may or may not vote for Allison, depending on how he feels about her at the moment - he was pretty disgusted by her at the end of his tenure there, but was missing her in the jury house.

Robert & Erika stated they would not vote for Jun, as they thought she was too underhanded. Whichever way Erika votes, Jack probably will too.

So I think it's likely to be close, with Nathan being the deciding vote. Personally, I'd rather see Jun win.

Return to Top
#98248 - 09/18/03 02:44 PM Re: Big Brother
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
I confess I got a little teary-eyed when Robert was reunited with his daughter. Aww...

For some reason, I just hate Jun, and I hate watching every expression on her face, especially when she's nervously trying to lick her nose.

On the other hand, I hated the way both of them lied so transparently in their video farewells to Robert. "Oh, Robert, you were the greatest and studliest of all men, please vote for me." And then, live in the post-eviction, they're laughing it up at his expense.

Return to Top
#98249 - 09/18/03 03:29 PM Re: Big Brother
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
But remember how bad Jack hated Alison? And Erika did make the statement about "Take the knife out of my back" when she got to the 2nd house, so I wouldn't totally count on their votes.

All I know is if Alison wins I will be sick. I think there is a strategic way to play this game, which she has done....however, she is downright hateful. There is no need to be so nasty and I think that speaks volumes for the type of person she is and I don't care how she plays the game, she should not be entitled to a dime. Just my opinion.

Return to Top
#98250 - 09/18/03 05:28 PM Re: Big Brother
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
While i don't really like any of the last three... i REALLY hated the little threat game that robert used on the girls... i wanted to laugh out loud... especally when all the other people kept saying what a lier he was and that he just made stuff up all the time. i don't who i'd pick from the girls... kinda like a presidental election which one is the better of the baddies... i kinda like allison in a sick way i mean i know she's not a nice person at all but she has played those people well... jun just annoys me... hair flipping and trying to look coy or something...

Return to Top
#98251 - 09/24/03 02:37 PM Re: Big Brother
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Okay guys, tonight is the night....who is going to win? I can't wait to see them when they get to confront one another, but I still think the vote should wait until after a good cat fight.

Return to Top
#98252 - 09/24/03 03:17 PM Re: Big Brother
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
I still gotta go with Alison. Both of them are total fakes, but Jun in particular irks me when she tries to pull off the "ooh, I'm just a silly li'l girl" routine. And I don't care for them being two-faced evil liars. I mean, you've gotta cross some people in order to win, but I'd prefer to them telling people to their face that "I hate you because you're a bucket of scum" rather than "This is such a tough choice to cut you but I have to do it because you're so strong" and then laughing at them the moment they walk out the door.

Also, if you're gonna be bad, try to do it like Evil Dr. Will of BB2, whose naughtiness seemed simultaneously outrageous, repulsive, and eerily charming.

Oh--I just saw that in the current issue of Entertainment Weekly, even they are referring to Dana as "Man-Troll". Heh.

Return to Top
#98253 - 09/25/03 12:39 PM Re: Big Brother
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
well well, jun got it 6 to 1... i was only a little suprised by this, but i have to say i enjoyed the fact that they didn't get to really enjoy the win for the fact that every single person on the show said how disapointed they were in them as human beings.... pretty bad when you leave a place that you shared for three months and NO ONE likes you!!!

Return to Top
#98254 - 09/25/03 01:11 PM Re: Big Brother
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I was glad Allison didn't win. But I was also surprised, somewhat, that NOBODY congratulated them or even seemed to want to talk to them - guess they got the $$ but paid a bigger price doing it. Very interesting.

Now, who among us is going to apply for BB5?!

Return to Top
#98255 - 09/25/03 03:23 PM Re: Big Brother
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Heh. It's a sad commentary that I totally forgot that the finale was last night. I got distracted by running some email turns for my Civ III game.

I think an Erika or even a Robert win would've elicited some congratulations from jury members. They managed to bond with at least some other HGs. Jun and Alison? They had no friends and they had no loyalties, and I guess it paid off, but in the end they did look fairly hateful.

Return to Top
#98256 - 09/25/03 04:55 PM Re: Big Brother
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
i would NEVER put myself through the he!! they have... to live three months with strangers with no outside contact... i might try survior, heck even if you make it to the end there it's only 40 days!! plus i'd never win at those shows a: i do have ethics and morals and would have to live up to them. and B: i couldn't keep my mouth shut, i.e. "could you be more annoying" "why do you think acting dumb and cute will get you anywhere? "

Return to Top
#98257 - 09/25/03 05:36 PM Re: Big Brother
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Yeah, I win the "What a wife" award. I taped the show from 7:00 to 8:00 when it didn't start until 8:00. We were sooooooo weak! Thankfully one of the women at work did tape it and after all I have heard I can't wait to see it! Sounds like it got pretty ugly last night. I was surprised by what I have heard that Jun took as much, if not more, backlash from the Houseguests than Ali. To me, Ali was way more hateful than Jun. JMO. Oh well, now on to The Bachelor...it's gonna get crazy this go around!

Return to Top
#98258 - 09/26/03 04:17 PM Re: Big Brother
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

Now, who among us is going to apply for BB5?!

I'm a little behind with the threads so this is late. But...I told my husband I was going to try for BB5 and he told me I wouldn't last one week in the house because someone would tick me off and I'd make enemies with my tendendcy to tell people what I think (Gee...Am I Dana in disguise?) I don't know if he insulted me or what?

Return to Top
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5