Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#984229 - 06/27/08 06:12 PM CTR Section B
TXBSA Offline
100 Club
TX
What do you fill out when an account has 3 deposits. 2 are done through night drop and we do not know who dropped them off and the 3rd is done by an employee of the company.

I have been checking night drop/ATM and then filling out section b with the conductors information that brought the 3rd deposit in. Is this wrong?

My auditor is asking why I do this and I can't find any documentation to support this.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#984249 - 06/27/08 06:23 PM Re: CTR Section B TXBSA
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
You are doing it correctly. You should also be checking the box for "multiple transactions," which is what allows you to not complete section B's for the conductors of the night deposit transactions.

Return to Top
#984277 - 06/27/08 06:51 PM Re: CTR Section B Deena
Big Dog Offline
Power Poster
Big Dog
Kennel
The Night Drop box covers the fact that you did not identify a transactor. Multiple transactions in section b would be used if there was an in person deposit where the transactor was not identified (ie. one of the deposits is below the threshold for you system to trigger identifying the transactor, or you aggregate transactions and find a CTR needs to be done, but do not know who did one or more of the transactions.)

Return to Top
#984957 - 06/30/08 04:21 PM Re: CTR Section B Big Dog
TXBSA Offline
100 Club
TX
Thank you!!!!!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z