Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#986325 - 07/01/08 11:14 PM Audit Dept technology
Chocaholic Offline
Gold Star
Northwest
Ok I admit it... we are a small bank and have not had the budget to buy into laptops for our audit department (until now)...do any of you have a workhorse laptop you would recommend.. doesn't need all the gaming/sound card bells and whistles of course as it is an office tool...Just thought I'd ask what others are using and if you have pros and cons for your pick..the goal will be to eventually go to electronic workpapers but not today! thx for your comments!

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#986383 - 07/02/08 01:21 AM Re: Audit Dept technology Chocaholic
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I use a Toshiba Satellite. This is the third one I have had and they have all been reliable, durable and moderately priced.

Return to Top
#986458 - 07/02/08 12:31 PM Re: Audit Dept technology rlcarey
Dazed and Confused Offline
Gold Star
Dazed and Confused
Big XII South
Try http://www.cnet.com --- this website posts independent reviews on computer equipment and software (and many other electronic products) and the content is free.

Return to Top
#987172 - 07/02/08 10:14 PM Re: Audit Dept technology Dazed and Confused
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
While I don't think you need a gaming machine, if you train or make presentations from your machine, some of those bells and whistles are worth the minor costs. Don't buy the cheapest thing you can because you don't want to appear frivolous. Office and the OS need RAM, training may include a video clip that reinforces your point, PowerPoint may hold more attention with better graphics, etc...
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#987877 - 07/03/08 06:10 PM Re: Audit Dept technology Andy_Z
Chocaholic Offline
Gold Star
Northwest
Thank you for your comments I really appreciate it ...

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z