Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#996997 - 07/16/08 07:05 PM Re: Next Food Network Star MadisonCali
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I wouldn't watch Lisa, ever. The kind of food she makes is the kind of food I won't even order if I go out to dinner at a fancy restaurant. She doesn't target the average person. She's too uppity. "I want pasta" ... "Pasta's dumb, you can have cous cous." ...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#997097 - 07/16/08 07:47 PM Re: Next Food Network Star RegsRfun
RegsRfun Offline
Floating in compliance land...
Originally Posted By: RegsRfun
I can't stand Lisa!! She's obnoxious. I would like to see Aaron win...I'm hoping I can get his chicken parm recipe off of the FN website. It looked so yummy....

His chicken parm recipe is on the website if anyone else is interested...

Return to Top
#997134 - 07/16/08 08:02 PM Re: Next Food Network Star RegsRfun
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I can't stand Lisa!! She's obnoxious. I would like to see Aaron win...I'm hoping I can get his chicken parm recipe off of the FN website. It looked so yummy....

His chicken parm recipe is on the website if anyone else is interested...

Is it REALLY his recipe? Or is it someone with a recipe they think is his? I ran into that once with that site.

Return to Top
#997158 - 07/16/08 08:21 PM Re: Next Food Network Star B_F
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
I think that it's his. There was a recipe there for stuffed pork chops that I think I'll fix this weekend but use a pork tenderloin instead. It would be much easier to stuff the loin.
Last edited by Bagweaver; 07/16/08 08:22 PM.

Return to Top
#1000050 - 07/21/08 12:21 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Bagweaver
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
Anyone watch last night? Three in the finals??? The judges were right. None of the three had perfect performances - either in front of the camera or cooking. I think they did the right thing in having all three come back for the final competition.

Is everyone planning on voting?

Return to Top
#1000091 - 07/21/08 01:03 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Bagweaver
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I did watch last night and it would've been hard to decide who to kick off--I think they were about "even" last night. I have been all for Aaron up until now, but I must say, Adam's food looked great last night.

I think the winner in this situation may turn out to be Lisa. There are enough similarities in Adam's and Aaron's cooking styles that they may split some votes, giving Lisa the win.

Oh well, if she wins, that is one less show I will plan on watching!

Return to Top
#1000171 - 07/21/08 01:58 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Hoosierland
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
I'd probably watch her show a time or two, as I would if either of the other two won.

Return to Top
#1000179 - 07/21/08 02:03 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Bagweaver
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
As soon as they previewed Bob saying "Something we've never done before..." I knew they would send all 3 on. Should be interesting. I probably won't watch any of them anyway, so I don't particularly care who wins. I have liked all of them, but I'm thinking I'd like Aaron to win.

Did you see the preview for the new season of Dinner Impossible - they've replaced Robert "Liar Liar Pants on Fire" Irvine with Michael Symon. It will be interesting to see how Michael does.

Return to Top
#1000213 - 07/21/08 02:17 PM Re: Next Food Network Star E.E.G.B
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I loved Robert, degree or no. Unfortunate that his lying forced the network's hand and they had to fire him. I'm not a Michael fan and doubt he can compete with Robert's ghost. I don't like him on Iron Chef either. He just hasn't got the chops, imho.

Return to Top
#1000549 - 07/21/08 04:56 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Truffle Royale
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
What happened with Robert? I missed it!!

Return to Top
#1000556 - 07/21/08 05:00 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Bagweaver
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Who is the woman with the short dark hair? For some reason, I have a dislike of her demeanor/attitude.

Return to Top
#1000585 - 07/21/08 05:10 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Retired DQ
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Robert fabricated his credentials, including cooking for royalty and the White House. The network had no choice but to can him. He has said in post-canning interviews that we haven't heard the last of him. It's unfortunate that he felt the need to lie to get the job.

DQ, you'r referring to Lisa. She does have an attitude in keeping with being a restaurant owner and caterer. When there's a job to get done she puts her head down and really moves through the tasks at hand. She brooks no nonsense from those working with her which has caused the judges to comment more than once accusing her of being bossy. This from the network where Giada in particular and Paula and Rachel too have all been known to be intense at times.

That said, I think her food style is what will keep her from winning. Most people don't think gourmet is accessible to them on a day to day basis. I really really want to see Aaron win and do a Food for Kids and Families show.

Return to Top
#1000636 - 07/21/08 05:28 PM Re: Next Food Network Star E.E.G.B
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
Originally Posted By: Empress EGB
As soon as they previewed Bob saying "Something we've never done before..." I knew they would send all 3 on.

I figured this out too!! So I was not surprised at all. They all have difficulty last night with the challenges - I was really surprised that Aaron went with three pasta dishes. That was definitely the easy way out. Aaron's attempt at humor really bombed.

Adam finally made "his" type of food but how many times can you smoke something? The taste gets old after awhile and his presentation really stunk. "Uh, yeah, we took wood like this and chopped it up and used it to smoke the dishes" That was really lamo. I certainly expected much more out of Mr. Entertainer.

But even if Lisa was the one to win, I wouldn't be watching her show anytime soon.

Return to Top
#1000738 - 07/21/08 06:14 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Mocha's Mom
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
The one judge said that it wouldn't be fair to send Aaron home based on his one 'really bad' week after seven really good ones. That and it's obvious he's worked to get over his tv camera phobia. I liked his 30 second spot the best, didn't you? As long as they don't push him out of his element too fast, Aaron shows the most potential of the remaining three, imo.

Return to Top
#1000770 - 07/21/08 06:30 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Truffle Royale
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
FWIW, I agree about Aaron. I like his cooking and personality. I was also surprised that he had so many pasta dishes. It would have been so easy for him to do something else. He seems to know what he's doing so much of the time.

Return to Top
#1000895 - 07/21/08 07:17 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Truffle Royale
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
I agree TR. His spot was the most genuine. I was surprised how Lisa's came out based on the excerpts and I also thought Adam's was a little cheesy - he seemed to be overacting.

I am glad that they didn't kick Aaron off based on one bad week, I was just disappointed in him with his dishes. He is capable of much more. At least you know that his food would be good and be something that you could cook. Lisa's food is just too over the top for the everyday cook.

Return to Top
#1000902 - 07/21/08 07:20 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Bagweaver
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I have been too busy to watch this season of the Next Food Network Star, I am hoping for some sort of marathon to catch up.

I love Dinner Impossible and I think that Robert makes the show. I really don't care about his actual experience, the man is very talented and his personality has a lot to do with me watching the show.

Return to Top
#1000923 - 07/21/08 07:32 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Mocha's Mom
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Aaron had quite a bit of coaching from Bobby though. Bobby really acted like he wanted Aaron to do the very best job he could (and we all know how Bobby feels about Adam.....).

Return to Top
#1000930 - 07/21/08 07:36 PM Re: Next Food Network Star E.E.G.B
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
Originally Posted By: Empress EGB
Aaron had quite a bit of coaching from Bobby though. Bobby really acted like he wanted Aaron to do the very best job he could (and we all know how Bobby feels about Adam.....).

I noticed that as well - the other two had Guy advising them and he really didn't seem all that helpful. I guess we know who Bobby will be voting for...

Return to Top
#1001271 - 07/22/08 01:53 AM Re: Next Food Network Star Mocha's Mom
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
I wish they all would've done the same type of thing in their promos. How can they rate them equally when they were all so different? I think Adam would have a fun show; I don't think Aaron is articulate enough, and I wish Lisa wouldn't squint so much. I think she's the best organized chef of the three of them. It'll be interesting...

As for DI, Michael did well, tho' his laugh may drive everyone nutso. I miss Robert - he was great.

Return to Top
#1001404 - 07/22/08 01:11 PM Re: Next Food Network Star BBoyd
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Ok, watched it when I got home last night, and I am so glad that Aaron was given another shot. His buffet was terrible. My foster children could have prepared everything but the crab cake!

Lisa should be singing, she's talented.

Return to Top
#1005615 - 07/26/08 02:42 AM Re: Next Food Network Star B_F
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Spoiler

Food Network goofed and revealed the winner.... looks like Aaron is getting his own show. I suppose we should have assumed that from the edit he's been getting.

Return to Top
#1005641 - 07/26/08 09:28 PM Re: Next Food Network Star E.E.G.B
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Where did they do that? Hopefully, the new star will get a lot of coaching in the areas they're lacking in.

Return to Top
#1005654 - 07/27/08 12:22 AM Re: Next Food Network Star BBoyd
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Realitytvworld.com - I can't get a link to post properly.

Return to Top
#1005686 - 07/27/08 10:44 PM Re: Next Food Network Star E.E.G.B
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Found it. Thanks.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3