Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#994948 - 07/14/08 08:49 PM Next Food Network Star
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
Anybody else sad that Kelsey is gone? I liked her enthusiasm and passion for the food but I was disappointed in her last night. What was she thinking - going fancy and petite in VEGAS? The capital of over-the-top-iciousness? And How do you lose a competition with your own signature dish? The big plates of food that Aaron dished up were definitely Vegas style.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#994954 - 07/14/08 08:57 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Mocha's Mom
ApacheBelle72 Offline
Platinum Poster
I was sad that she had to leave! But, I bet we see her again soon..

Return to Top
#994955 - 07/14/08 08:57 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Mocha's Mom
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I am, a little, although she was too perky for me. I bet they told her to call them back in a couple of years when she's got more than just culinary school under her belt.

I'm not sure any of the 3 remaining really have what it takes to make a Food Network show (although apparently that doesn't really matter anyway, the only one who's actually pulled that off is Guy Fieri, from Season 2.)

Return to Top
#994959 - 07/14/08 09:01 PM Re: Next Food Network Star E.E.G.B
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
I agree, Empress. Adam doesn't really seem to know food and his sense of humor is pretty corny. Aaron's nervousness is annoying and when Lisa smiles her eyes disappear. She's also just a little too frenetic for me (coming from another Type AAA personality I can say that!)

And you're right, Guy Fieri did pull it off to become a franchise in his own right.

Return to Top
#995152 - 07/15/08 12:27 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Mocha's Mom
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
If they could somehow combine Adam's personallity and comfort in front of the camera with Aaron's cooking ability and food knowledge they would have the perfect Food Network Star!

Return to Top
#995250 - 07/15/08 02:03 PM Re: Next Food Network Star thomasj
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
That's probably true, thomasj. The only thing with Adam is I still can't get the "tripping" episode on the Coast Guard boat out of my mind!! Aaron's food always looks wonderful - I get so hungry when I watch the show!!

Return to Top
#995280 - 07/15/08 02:19 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Mocha's Mom
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I think Aaron can make it. He has a problem with the camera at times, HOWEVER, when he was doing it for real with Rachel Ray, he excelled. His food is interesting, and he has a great personality. I'd watch his show.

Honestly, I think Kelsey would be a perfect fit for a specific show on Food Network. "What I learned in Culinary School" a show designed to teach budding chefs who cook from home but haven't gone to culinary school. I know they kept saying that she didn't sound like an expert, but that in itself could have appeal. Put her in a show that accentuates it. Let her be the bubbly young girl fresh out of school teaching those who haven't been to school to learn to cook, but dreamed about it what they teach in C school.

Return to Top
#995324 - 07/15/08 02:41 PM Re: Next Food Network Star B_F
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
That's a great idea!! I really liked Kelsey - sure she was bubbly but I appreciated her enthusiasm. They thought she didn't sound like an expert simply because she was so young and didn't have enough life experience. Frankly I admire someone who has learned professionally and has the proper techniques and know-how - I don't have the time to go myself so why not have someone knowledgable teach me an hour or so a week.

Return to Top
#995364 - 07/15/08 02:59 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Mocha's Mom
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
M's Mom, that's exactly why I'd love to see a show like that, and I'd watch it. I know I don't have the proper techniques, but I LOVE to cook. I'll never have time to go to culinary school to learn proper techniques, but if I could learn a few from watching a half hour a week, or an hour a week, I'd certainly do it!

Return to Top
#995412 - 07/15/08 03:20 PM Re: Next Food Network Star B_F
KC Danimal Offline
Platinum Poster
KC Danimal
Kansas City
Hey did you know that Kelsey went to culinary school? Seriously, I was getting tired of hearing it every week just like the judges were. I knew she was gone as soon as she said it.

I think Lisa is the front-runner now. She seems more polished. Although I will agree with those above, I think I have liked Aaron's food better.

Return to Top
#995456 - 07/15/08 03:42 PM Re: Next Food Network Star KC Danimal
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
BF, you ought to email FN and suggest that. I bet they'd consider it.

Return to Top
#995470 - 07/15/08 03:47 PM Re: Next Food Network Star E.E.G.B
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
The funny thing would be if Kelsey's show became more popular than the winner of NFNS!!

Return to Top
#995472 - 07/15/08 03:48 PM Re: Next Food Network Star E.E.G.B
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Empress EGB
BF, you ought to email FN and suggest that. I bet they'd consider it.
I wonder if they'd hire me to help them "write" for the show? lol

Return to Top
#995491 - 07/15/08 03:57 PM Re: Next Food Network Star B_F
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Worth a shot. Worst they can do is say no, right?

Return to Top
#995504 - 07/15/08 04:01 PM Re: Next Food Network Star E.E.G.B
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I'm surprised. I looked at their website, and there's no place to contact the staff. Guess I'm going to have to do some research tonight!

Return to Top
#995616 - 07/15/08 05:03 PM Re: Next Food Network Star B_F
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I sure hope Lisa doesn't win. She lost me when she did the whole bit about not 'dumbing food down' for kids. Missed the boat entirely about kids not having the taste buds yet to appreciate some of the stuff she forced on that poor little Brownie.

I'm rooting for Aaron. And I think they should give him a program that focuses on feeding kids. They don't have one like that and I know a lot of moms and grans that would love new ideas and ways to introduce new foods to kids in a way that they'd like.

Return to Top
#995631 - 07/15/08 05:14 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Truffle Royale
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
TR, I love that idea. Even if he just did it as a once a week edition with the rest of the week being his down home food with soul.

Return to Top
#995851 - 07/15/08 07:28 PM Re: Next Food Network Star B_F
RegsRfun Offline
Floating in compliance land...
I can't stand Lisa!! She's obnoxious. I would like to see Aaron win...I'm hoping I can get his chicken parm recipe off of the FN website. It looked so yummy....

Return to Top
#995888 - 07/15/08 07:46 PM Re: Next Food Network Star RegsRfun
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I must say that Lisa is growing on me but I don't think she will make it. Like you said Truff, I don't get her 'culinary point of view".

I like Aaron and hope he wins. He just needs more comfort in front of the camera and I think that will come. Look how well he did on Rachel's show. And if he did a show about cooking with kids, what a winner that would be.

We are hooked on this show.

Return to Top
#995891 - 07/15/08 07:49 PM Re: Next Food Network Star corkygirl
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
Here's a link to vote for your favorite . . .

Vote for Your Favorite

Return to Top
#995905 - 07/15/08 07:59 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Bagweaver
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
WOW, what a shocker. The favorite so far seems to be Kelsey with 38% of the vote, while Aaron is the next closest with 18%.

Return to Top
#995984 - 07/15/08 08:32 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Truffle Royale
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
I sure hope Lisa doesn't win. She lost me when she did the whole bit about not 'dumbing food down' for kids. Missed the boat entirely about kids not having the taste buds yet to appreciate some of the stuff she forced on that poor little Brownie.

I'm rooting for Aaron. And I think they should give him a program that focuses on feeding kids. They don't have one like that and I know a lot of moms and grans that would love new ideas and ways to introduce new foods to kids in a way that they'd like.

I agree with you TR about Lisa. She irritated me when she was cooking with the Brownie. She would ask the girl what she liked and then choose something else. I'm sorry, but I don't think couscous is what kids want when they want pasta. Not quite the same as macaroni or spaghetti...

Return to Top
#996038 - 07/15/08 08:56 PM Re: Next Food Network Star corkygirl
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I agree with everything you said, corkygirl. I hate to admit that Lisa is growing on me, but she is. But, it is too little, too late and I am (and have been from episode 1) 100% for Aaron. He is the only one of this year's contestants that I would watch if he wins.

Return to Top
#996814 - 07/16/08 04:49 PM Re: Next Food Network Star Hoosierland
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
It depends what type of show we are talking about as to who I would watch. I have only caught one or two episodes of Guy's Big Bite, but I bet I have seen every episode of Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives at least twice. I could see Aaron doing an actual cooking show like Big Bite, but I could see Adam do well hosting a show like D,D, & D.

Return to Top
#996962 - 07/16/08 06:32 PM Re: Next Food Network Star thomasj
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
I was happy that Kelsey went. She drove me nuts, and always seemed like a fake-perky cheerleader.

Lisa is growing on me. Quite a bit, actually. I like that she is becoming more 'real', and she really knows her stuff. I think she really has the knowledge, the drive, and the unique personality that might make for an interesting show. I guess I'm not holding anything about the Girl Scout episode against her because I'm not really a 'kid person', and I probably would've handled it more poorly than she did

I like Adam, too, and see his as a show that I would watch. He can be corny sometimes, but at least he's funny on occasion. I, too, have trouble forgetting about the falling idea that fell flat ( ), but am not going to base my whole opinion about him on that.

Aaron's food looks really good, but he makes me uncomfortable watching him; because he is uncomfortable in front of the camera. I wouldn't watch his show, he doesn't seem to bring anything unique to the table, IMO.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3