BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#998655 - 07/18/08 01:30 AM FDIC Ins Brochures
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I was speaking with Sam Ott today. Some of you know Sam. He is an attorney. He was in a client bank and discovered something. There is newer version of the FDIC "Your Insured Deposits" brochure. This bank received a new shipment and they looked so much like the old, they assumed they were the same.

I have an old set on my desk. (So should any of your staff who may answer questions of consumers, and there are plenty of them post IndyMac.) My older set ("Insuring Your Deposits" and "Your Insured Deposits") has a date on the cover saying "Updated April 2006." The newer version of the "Your Insured Deposits" isn't dated like that, has 31 pages not 27, and the newer version has a code at the back panel, bottom, of FDIC-001-2007. The older version has ...2006.

You may want to get these newer brochures and replace the old ones.

In addition to ordering these, you can find them online here, http://www.fdic.gov/deposit/deposits/insured/index.html .
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#998678 - 07/18/08 03:19 AM Re: FDIC Ins Brochures Andy_Z
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
And they're FREE!!

Another excellent tool is EDIE, the online Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator, which available at the fdic.gov website. You can plug in information and provide a printed report to your customers. It beats using a legal pad to write out the calculations....

Return to Top
#998750 - 07/18/08 12:30 PM Re: FDIC Ins Brochures BBoyd
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
You can also print these brochures directly from the internet. I've ordered the booklets but have posted a link on our bank's intranet for our staff to use until the order arrives.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#998839 - 07/18/08 01:54 PM Re: FDIC Ins Brochures Andy_Z
M Cockrell Offline
Diamond Poster
M Cockrell
Dallas, TX
Is there a link to order online?

I know it's probably right in front of me, but I'm not seeing it (the whole forest/tress thing).

Hey, it's Friday...what do you want from me?

Return to Top
#998845 - 07/18/08 01:58 PM Re: FDIC Ins Brochures M Cockrell
nbk2yj2 Offline
Platinum Poster
Paradise!
You can also order vidoes that are free.

Return to Top
#998858 - 07/18/08 02:05 PM Re: FDIC Ins Brochures M Cockrell
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX

Return to Top
#998888 - 07/18/08 02:29 PM Re: FDIC Ins Brochures rlcarey
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Funny - I ordered some new ones yesterday. We are hoping to include in customer's statements in order to reassure them.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett