Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#44764 - 11/21/02 05:46 PM Excessive Withdrawals on Savings A/C
Anonymous
Unregistered

I need some advise on how to monitor the excessive debits on Statement Savings Accounts. Our Core Processing system is Banker 2 from what used to be BancTec, now Jack Henry. How do other bankers keep up with (in person) withdrawals, telephone transfers from savings to checking, and if any preauthorized debits have occurred during the statement cycle. Do other bankers use different trans codes to identify these different transactions or what?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#44765 - 11/21/02 05:49 PM Re: Excessive Withdrawals on Savings A/C
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Often our monitoring problems are on the MMDA side of that definition because of the manner in which funds may be withdrawn. The traditional savings accounts don't have the same capabilities of withdrawals and that reduces or eliminates monitoring requirements.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#44766 - 11/21/02 05:52 PM Re: Excessive Withdrawals on Savings A/C
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are on a different system, but yes, I believe our excessive transaction reports are driven by tran code. You would not, for example, want the tran code for an in-person withdrawal to be included on the report. Include only the tran codes for transactions that are subject to the Reg D limits.

Return to Top
#44767 - 11/21/02 06:20 PM Re: Excessive Withdrawals on Savings A/C
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
We are on the Banker II system as well. We have a custom report that prints after each statement cycle that has the following fields: Acct#, Short Name, Type, Dt Last Stmt, Total # Debits, ACH # Debits, and ATM # of debits. This is the only way the Banker II system can break down what might count towards the transaction limitations. What you do is take the total number of debits and subtract out the exempt transactions such as teller assisted, atm transactions and internal transfers for loan payments; the rest will be considered towards the six transaction limitation. This will take some manual review of transactions. Its not a pretty method of ensuring compliance but for now this is the only way we can do it. I can't tell you how to set up the custom report so you might get with your IT or DP manager or contact your rep at Jack Henry.

Return to Top
#44768 - 11/21/02 06:48 PM Re: Excessive Withdrawals on Savings A/C
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mack,
Do you have different Trans Codes set up to identify teller assisted transactions and such?

Return to Top
#44769 - 11/21/02 06:54 PM Re: Excessive Withdrawals on Savings A/C
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
No, the system can't distinguish those from internal transfers or checks, etc.. the only two categories that it can pull down by themselves is ACH debits and ATM withdrawls. I am sure that it is a trancoding problem. We have asked for years why the sytem can't identify these transactions any better than this and the only answer we get is that this is all it can do. That is why I say there is some manual research involved. I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but I don't think that Banker II has the full capabilitiy to create such a customized report. If I am wrong PLEASE let me know, like I said we have been asking for a better one for years!

Return to Top
#44770 - 11/21/02 07:02 PM Re: Excessive Withdrawals on Savings A/C
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
We have Banker II, and we get a report printed at month end called "Excessive Transactions". I don't know if this report was custom made, but savings accounts with a specific tran code are listed here after they go over a specific number of transactions. Then the account number, name, amount, description of the transaction and date are listed.

Return to Top
#44771 - 11/21/02 07:03 PM Re: Excessive Withdrawals on Savings A/C
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Hey, I just noticed I went from 100 Club to Gold Star. Did that happen at 250?

Return to Top
#44772 - 11/21/02 07:44 PM Re: Excessive Withdrawals on Savings A/C
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
We are on Jack Henry and the monitoring for MMDA and savings is tran code driven.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#44773 - 11/21/02 07:52 PM Re: Excessive Withdrawals on Savings A/C
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for your help. I'll try the custom report and the excessive transaction report and see if it works for us. We may have to work on our trans codes.

Thanks again!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Return to Top