Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#51081 - 12/30/02 04:30 PM Another FCRA Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I understand that Fair Credit Reporting Act requires that a consumer be allowed to notify the bank of an error on their consumer report....however, is the bank required to post a notice stating that.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#51082 - 12/30/02 07:07 PM Re: Another FCRA Question
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
623(a)(3) has your answer. You are prohibited from reporting erroneous information. If you report data that is being disputed and is in the investigative stage, you must denote this.

(3) Duty to provide notice of dispute. If the completeness or accuracy of any information furnished by any person to any consumer reporting agency is disputed to such person by a consumer, the person may not furnish the information to any consumer reporting agency without notice that such information is disputed by the consumer.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#51083 - 12/30/02 08:17 PM Re: Another FCRA Question
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Andy,

I wonder if she was not referring to 623(a)(1)(B) instead? It allows you to specify a specific address for the acceptance of FCRA error claims. Otherwise, you are subject to claims under 623(a)(1)(A) if the customer gave the information to anyone in your organization.

Return to Top
#51084 - 12/30/02 08:31 PM Re: Another FCRA Question
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
You could be correct.

We discussed this before. While you are not required to post a notice on WHERE to dispute a report, I encourage you to do so.

This is the past discussion. It is an easy fix to keep you out of trouble.

I reference this in my signage audit papers on my personal site.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#51085 - 12/30/02 08:56 PM Re: Another FCRA Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is exactly what I am referring to.

Thanks for all of the help!!!!

Return to Top