Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#65882 - 03/06/03 08:19 PM Director Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our directors that sit on the audit committee wanted to know if there is any training material available for directors as far as the requirements under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Does anyone know where I can get training material or any information geared to directors?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#65883 - 03/06/03 08:26 PM Re: Director Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

My bank does not offer director training via tapes, classes, etc. However, I was able to supply them with a handout from the FDIC.gov website. It specifies topics related to compliance and they were thrilled to receive it!

If you cannot find it let me know. Unfortunately I did not print a copy of this handbook. Hopefully this will help you.

Good luck.

Return to Top
#65884 - 03/06/03 08:28 PM Re: Director Training
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
ABA has some materials posted. Our external audit firm provided us with some excellent materials. You might start there.

Return to Top
#65885 - 03/06/03 08:38 PM Re: Director Training
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You might want to give them the FDIC FIL issued yesterday that outlines the relationship between FDICIA and Sarbanes-Oxley. It's fairly short and to the point.

Return to Top
#65886 - 03/06/03 09:02 PM Re: Director Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can find the links to the two FDIC pieces of guidance mentioned above on the BOL Top Stories page. FDIC just unveiled an entire page called Director's Corner, plus it issued guidance on the Sarbanes-Oxley bill.

Top Stories

Return to Top
#65887 - 03/06/03 09:24 PM Re: Director Training
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
And finally, there is the new FDIC program for director-involvement with examiners (ain't that special) as well as the Director's College. See the press release from yesterday on the FDIC website.

Return to Top
#65888 - 03/07/03 01:11 PM Re: Director Training
I Wear Many Hats Offline
Platinum Poster
I Wear Many Hats
the beautiful state of ME
You might also want to check with your external auditors. We are now having a rep from their firm come to each audit committee meeting and do a little educational session for the first 1/2 hour or so and then it is documented in the minutes.

Opinions are mine and mine alone.

Return to Top
#65889 - 03/07/03 07:20 PM Re: Director Training
Michelle D Offline
Gold Star
Michelle D
Terminator Country
Try your state banking association or if you are in CA - a "compliance" group that is sponsored by a law firm is putting on several training sessions in conjunction with the CBA

Return to Top