Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#68428 - 03/19/03 09:07 PM Solicitation
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have customers that request not to be called for any type of bank soliciation.

Is there a regulation that requires banks to keep a list of customers names that request no receive any solicitations (phone calls or mailings)from the bank?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#68429 - 03/19/03 09:12 PM Re: Solicitation
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Does your state have a "do not call" law? If so, you wouldn't be able to contact the consumer if they've signed up for the list. Also, as a best practices, we've let customers sign up to not receive any contact from the bank under the Privacy rules. It's just basic good customer service. The list is updated quarterly and sent to branches.

Return to Top
#68430 - 03/20/03 04:13 AM Re: Solicitation
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
There are differing versions of Do Not Call lists out there. A National list is under way. Look at Q5 though. These lists often have exceptions, especially so if you are calling an existing customer.

In many cases it can boil down to customer service. If I told you NOT to call me and you did, I might vote with my wallet and open an account with your competitor.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top