Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#143310 - 12/27/03 09:23 AM credit job in UK
Anonymous
Unregistered

Question = I am a banker from NEPAL. My focus of work is credit though i have experience in operations also. I want to take up a job in credit in UK. How can I proceed about it? Do I need to do short courses in UK? can anyone help me please urgently and send a solution to my email at kgiri2001@hotmail.com I will be grateful.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#143311 - 12/29/03 03:19 PM Re: credit job in UK
WildTurkey Offline
Platinum Poster
WildTurkey
Down South, USA
This forum is substantially foused on US banking, so you aren't likely to get much help here.

Having said that, do you have a visa to live and work in the UK? It is very hard, very very hard to get one unless you fit into one of the categories for visas, just wanting to move to the UK is not enough, not even close. It is every bit as hard, if not harder, to get a visa to live in the UK as it is to get one to live in the USA.

Return to Top
#143312 - 12/29/03 04:19 PM Re: credit job in UK
Georgia Golfer Offline
Gold Star
Georgia Golfer
1st Tee
I moved to Scotland in January 2001 & I agree with Wild Turkey about getting a Visa. You have to provide undisputed proof of why your skill subset is required and why that skill set is not available from the working pool in the UK. It was to the point that less than a week before I was to get on the plane, I wasn't sure if I would be let in! The final approval came after a telephone interview with my caseworker. Hint: The ladies over there love a good southern accent!!!! Good Luck

Return to Top