Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#156968 - 02/05/04 03:24 PM New/Revised laws 2004
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I'm attempting to put together a list of policies I need to write and/or change so far in 2004 based on regulatory amendments or new laws passed. Please review the list and let me know if I missed one. Thanks!

1. Telemarketing
2. Spam
3. Reg. B amendments
4. SSCRA amendments
5. FACT Act

That seems awfully short considering all the changes thrown at us recently - any additions? Thanks for your help.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#156969 - 02/05/04 03:26 PM Re: New/Revised laws 2004
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
HMDA
Check 21

Return to Top
#156970 - 02/05/04 03:39 PM Re: New/Revised laws 2004
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
A couple of points. You don't have to have a policy for each. You may want a procedure or at least a minimal amount of training so that requests are properly handled. And don't forget that CAN SPAM and FACT (FCRA) are still developing as regs are being authored.

I certainly commend you on your foresight and reminding the rest of us that there is no break.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#156971 - 02/05/04 05:07 PM Re: New/Revised laws 2004
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
"Policy" was probably incorrect terminology. Our compliance manual contains an overview of each reg, procedures for complying, and procedures for monitoring compliance. This constitues our compliance program which I'm in process of reviewing and revising as needed. Big job, need to make sure I don't forget anything with everything that is happening. Realize that we must wait for implementing regs on some of these, but I also write a summary for our quarterly board reports letting them know what's coming and it's potential impact on our company. Thanks

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top