Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1409242 - 06/28/10 11:57 PM Phone message regarding Reg E opt-in
donnac Offline
Platinum Poster
We want to call customers who have not yet responded to our Reg E opt-in letter. When the customers aren't home, we want to leave a message for them to call the bank. I'm nervous about the following proposed message because of privacy concerns. (We're implying they have an account with us because we want to discuss overdraft protection with them.)

Mr./Mrs./Ms. ___, this is ____ with ABC Bank. It is very important that we speak to you about the letter we recently mailed to you regarding overdraft protection and the changes that go into effect August 15th. Please call ABC Bank at 123-4567 to discuss this letter.

Am I on the right path?

Thanks.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1409679 - 06/29/10 08:56 PM Re: Phone message regarding Reg E opt-in donnac
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
I think your concerns are valid. What happens when a message is left for the wife, but the husband picks it up and finds out his wife has an account he didn't know about? Lawsuits have occurred over these kinds of issues.

From a practical standpoint, however, your bank has to decide if the risk is worth the reward.

Return to Top