Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1729853 - 08/10/12 07:28 PM HPML
Elizabeth Riding Offline
Elizabeth Riding
Kansas
Okay, I really am going crazy. We are starting to work with a new program and I think I lost my mind when I started using it this morning. I don't need affirmation of this occurrance, it is just a thought.
My question is, if I am working on a res re loan for a primary residence and the loan is an HPML if there is a negative amort do I have to collect the negative amount at loan closing?
Thanks,
E

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1729975 - 08/12/12 12:18 AM Re: HPML Elizabeth Riding
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
What do you mean collect a negative amortization at closing?? A negative amortization loan happens when the principal amount of the loan increases during the course of the loan.

Return to Top
#1730516 - 08/14/12 01:20 PM Re: HPML Elizabeth Riding
Elizabeth Riding Offline
Elizabeth Riding
Kansas
When I pull an amortization schedule the first payment will all go to interest and there will still interest due. So if the payment is $600 the interest due at the first is $620.

Return to Top
#1730550 - 08/14/12 02:25 PM Re: HPML Elizabeth Riding
Elizabeth Riding Offline
Elizabeth Riding
Kansas
Found my answer! Thanks, rlcarey, for your assistance.
:-D E

Return to Top