Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1773831 - 01/08/13 07:47 PM Retaining scanned and paper copies of daily work
Patrick Gehring Offline
New Poster
Does anyone know of a requirement to retain paper copies instead of electronic copies of daily work (deposit & withdrawal slips, JV's, teler totals, etc)?

We currently retain both the electronic and paper copies of our daily work for 7 years. I want to get rid of the paper copies, since we can reproduce them using Director/Nautilus.

If you image your daily work, how long does your institution hold onto the paper copies before destroying them? Curious to see how other institutions handle this.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1773837 - 01/08/13 07:53 PM Re: Retaining scanned and paper copies of daily work Patrick Gehring
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
we hold them long enough to verify the scanned copies archived correctly and are legible...usually this is done within 30 days

Return to Top
#1773929 - 01/08/13 10:02 PM Re: Retaining scanned and paper copies of daily work Patrick Gehring
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Patrick, welcome to BOL! We did the same as CGilmore.

The regulation of paper/electronic is ultimately in the hands of your state. There should be no objection if they allow electronic retention. Just make sure they're tagged to drop off after the retention period.

Return to Top
#1773968 - 01/08/13 10:59 PM Re: Retaining scanned and paper copies of daily work HappyGilmore
Patrick Gehring Offline
New Poster
Originally Posted By: ChoiceGilmore
we hold them long enough to verify the scanned copies archived correctly and are legible...usually this is done within 30 days

Thanks. I take it you only verify a sample of the scanned copies? We image about 5000 items per day.

I think the greatest challenge in ditching paper is overcoming the fear and so I thought it would be helpful to get encouragement from other banks.

I've been asked to verify that there's not a requirement to keep the paper. It's hard to prove the absence of something.

Return to Top