Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2264530 - 01/10/22 07:00 PM Complaint Definition - Solicited Feedback
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Looking for some help in how you have defined complaints. If we send a post transaction survey (such as after a loan closing) asking for feedback about the customer's experience, and that feedback includes any negative remarks, would you treat that as a complaint? Or could we be OK defining a complaint as any unsolicited verbal or written expression of dissatisfaction with a product, service, or treatment at the financial institution? We would still want to have production make note of the survey results and take action where appropriate, but wouldn't necessarily have to include that in our complaint logging and analysis processes. Or since it is negative feedback, regardless of whether the customer initiated or we initiated, should we treat it as a complaint and log it and include it in complaint analysis?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2264536 - 01/10/22 07:35 PM Re: Complaint Definition - Solicited Feedback RVFlyboy
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, if you don't want to know - then don't ask.

So, let's say you get something back that does not sound like a complaint on your survey that you would pay much attention too. Something like - we always had a hard time getting (insert loan office name) to call us back. No big deal right - you kindly nudge the loan officer to do better in returning contact with applicants.

But there happens to be more than one of these occasions buried in your surveys for the same officer and it just so happens the people completing the surveys with these answers are black.

Not so innocent anymore.

Return to Top
#2264551 - 01/10/22 10:47 PM Re: Complaint Definition - Solicited Feedback RVFlyboy
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
Originally Posted by RVFlyboy
Or since it is negative feedback, regardless of whether the customer initiated or we initiated, should we treat it as a complaint and log it and include it in complaint analysis?

I would include it. Once you know, it's hard to justify not including it.

Return to Top
#2264564 - 01/11/22 03:35 PM Re: Complaint Definition - Solicited Feedback RVFlyboy
Monster Offline
Platinum Poster
We include them. Helps identify trends and other issues we wouldn't likely have heard about.

Return to Top