Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#32826 - 09/13/02 10:01 PM Cut-off times
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Management is wanting to change our bank lobby hours and our transaction cut-off time at that location. We have 2 branches in the same town. One would now have a 3:00 p.m. cut-off and the other would be 4:00 p.m. Any problem with having two different times at two different branches?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#32827 - 09/13/02 10:03 PM Re: Cut-off times
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Not at all. Multiple cut off times are addressed in 229.16. Be sure to read the commentary and specifically ยง229.16(b)#6.

Return to Top
#32828 - 09/13/02 10:10 PM Re: Cut-off times
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Thanks, David! I thought it was ok, but knew somebody could point me to the right section faster than I could search for it. That's why I love this place. I don't have to memorize section numbers when you guys already have! Ha!

Return to Top
#32829 - 09/13/02 10:50 PM Re: Cut-off times
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I didn't have that section memorized - especially the commentary paragraph. But I knew where to go to find the answer. I like to say that I try not to memorize anything that I know that I can quickly look up. My brain can only hold so much & I want to make sure there is room for the really important stuff .... like Husker football statistics (Oh yeah, & my wife's B-day and our anniversary)!

Return to Top
#32830 - 09/13/02 10:56 PM Re: Cut-off times
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Well, I guess since you are from Nebraska I can't expect you to have them memorized! GO SOONERS! (Although my Grandmother came from Nebraska.) I have another question. I just found out this afternoon that not only are they wanting to do this, it goes into effect October 1st. Now, are we going to have a problem since the cut-off time is listed in our account disclosures? It isn't detrimental to the customer, can be advantageous to some. Please tell me that we don't have to give 30 days notice!!! As always, I am the last to know about these things.

Return to Top
#32831 - 09/14/02 01:34 PM Re: Cut-off times
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
In reply to:

I like to say that I try not to memorize anything that I know that I can quickly look up.

Someone once asked Albert Einstein what his phone number was and were suprised when he went to the phone book to look it up. When asked why he didn't have it memorized he simply replied that he didn't want to clutter his brain with information he could look up. Wise advice! Although I am not married, David, I think it's probably in the interest of good health for you to have your wife's B-Day and your anniversary memorized !

Return to Top
#32832 - 09/15/02 01:44 AM Re: Cut-off times
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
ALWAYS have a back up. I use Outlook and ftd.com. Both have my wifes b-day and my anniversary on file, and both notify me a week in advance.

This has nada to do with cutoff times... or maybe it does.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#32833 - 09/16/02 01:21 PM Re: Cut-off times
Betty Banker Offline
Betty Banker
SD
Andy - ROFLMAO!

Return to Top
#32834 - 09/16/02 03:06 PM Re: Cut-off times
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I got married on Valentine's Day so that I'd have every card company, candy maker, and florist in the country reminding me of my anniversary. I've not forgotten it once.

Return to Top
#32835 - 09/16/02 07:46 PM Re: Cut-off times
Dave M_TCA Offline
Platinum Poster
Dave M_TCA
Wherever my most benevolent em...
Jim, that's why I proposed on that day. Same idea! Andy, Outlook reminds me to send flowers just as you stated.

Return to Top
#32836 - 09/17/02 07:25 PM Re: Cut-off times
Happy Offline
Gold Star
Happy
Andy Andy Shame on you. (I just read this and had to reply) Good for a laugh after working on HOEPA, HIPPA, HMDA,HELOC and of course HIP(Have I Proof) oh no CIP.

Return to Top