Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#144684 - 12/31/03 07:34 PM Director Communications
Anonymous
Unregistered

We would like to get some input as to how other Banks distribute confidential information to their Board members for meetings. Would password protected e-mail be acceptable? Also, what are your procedures for printed material that has been distributed for the meetings. Do you collect it and shred it, or allow the directors to take it? Thank you.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#144685 - 12/31/03 08:14 PM Re: Director Communications
Jayda's Mom Offline
100 Club
North
We distribute 3 ring binders in locked bank bags. All information for the meeting is contained in these binders ranging from Audit Committee minutes to overdraft reports. When the meeting has concluded our secretary collects all binders and the material presented is destroyed.

Regarding e-mail I would not recommend distributing information this way unless your e-mail is encrypted. Our e-mail policy specifically prohibits any information pertaining to customers.

Hope this helps.

Return to Top
#144686 - 12/31/03 08:20 PM Re: Director Communications
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I would believe that you could use e-mail so long as it is secured. That doesn't mean password protection a Word file. I would go stronger and encrypt the e-mail itself and use GOOD passwords, not a dictionary word or the director's name. Go alpha/numeric and symbol if you want, the longer the better.

A difficult part here might be getting all the directors on board and capable of handling these requirements. Encrypted PDFs might be better than a PGP program if they prove tough enough.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#144687 - 12/31/03 08:41 PM Re: Director Communications
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
We hand deliver all material to board members the Friday before the following Wednesday meetings. The board members bring the material with them on Wednesday and leave it for destruction. They keep nothing unless specifically requested by them.

Return to Top
#144688 - 12/31/03 08:48 PM Re: Director Communications
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Quote:

We hand deliver all material to board members the Friday before the following Wednesday meetings. The board members bring the material with them on Wednesday and leave it for destruction. They keep nothing unless specifically requested by them.

Same here. Also, the same concept is in play for the Audit Committee. Board members on the executive loan committee receive material upon arrival for the meeting, and leave it in the bank. We're currently contemplating email communication, but have not implemented as of yet as we iron out the issues outlined above.

Return to Top