Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#203058 - 06/23/04 01:46 PM employment /credit report
Anonymous
Unregistered

when applying for employment:
1. Does the notice they sign for credit report have to be on a seperate disclosure, or can it be on the application?
2. On those applicants that would be denied because of the credit report, from what I read we have to call them in and let them see the report. Is this correct or how is this part handled?
3.Would you use the fcra denial for this purpose like you would on a debit card used only to access their dda account
at the bank?
thanks

Return to Top
General Discussion
#203059 - 06/23/04 02:26 PM Re: employment /credit report
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
1) 604(b)(2)(A)(i), they are provided a document that consists solely of the disclosure, that a consumer report may be obtained for employment purposes

2) 604(b)(3)(A) ...in using a consumer report for employment purposes, before taking any adverse action based in whole or in part on the report, ...provide to the consumer ...a copy of the report; and a description in writing of the rights ...

3) Look to 609(c) The notice should be similar. (Although the FCRA refers to (c)(3), that doesn't exist in the FCRA, at least yet.)
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#203060 - 06/24/04 03:52 AM Re: employment /credit report
Anonymous
Unregistered

Andy, THanks for the help. There is one questio9n on #3 where you mentioned (c) (3) doesn't exist in fcra, as yet.
Can you explain a little more, I'm not sure I understand.
Thanks

Return to Top
#203061 - 06/24/04 01:16 PM Re: employment /credit report
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The revised FCRA, inclusive of the FACT Act references a citation that isn't there. Either I missed it, it hasn't been added yet, it is to a different Act or they made an error.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top