Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#571944 - 06/22/06 01:50 PM Incomplete Deposit Slips
MiMi Offline
Gold Star
MiMi
Just wondering how other banks handle incomplete deposit slips...if customer only writes in deposit amount do your tellers complete the form with date and if counter deposit slip write customer/account name on deposit slip? Thanks for input.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#571945 - 06/22/06 03:15 PM Re: Incomplete Deposit Slips
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
Wow, you've hit on a pet peeve of mine - I have real issues with tellers that send the slip back and <TELL> the customer to complete it.
I recommend our staff complete the slip for the customer, with any missing information and then politely ask the customer to initial and/or sign any added/changed information -

<RANT WARNING> With all of the competition out there in our industry, it is just beyond me the employees/supervisors that "think" our policy is that we don't help the customer - hello????? In my mind it takes just as much time to explain to the customer what you need them to do, then if we just do it.
Then once complete, a nice smile and "what else may I help you with today?" - that's where I would rather bank.

<END of RANT> - sorry

I don't have any problem with my tellers completing deposit tickets as long as the customer acknowledges it - initials or signs - keeps the heat off our staff.

Cheers!
Last edited by TexTrainer; 06/22/06 03:16 PM.

Return to Top