Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#955469 - 05/07/08 02:28 PM Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls
Sgt. Pepper Offline
100 Club
Sgt. Pepper
Massachusetts
Has anyone had any luck stopping the annoying telemarketing phone calls from Sheshunoff and/or A.S. Pratt? I get on average 2-3 phone calls per week and it is really getting on my nerves.

I have a deep hatred for telemarketing calls. It's unfortunate that a business can't add its phone numbers to the National Do Not Call Registry.

I just had to vent. Sorry.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#955480 - 05/07/08 02:45 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls Sgt. Pepper
Seadevil Offline
Gold Star
Missouri
Sarge,

I have done pretty much everything I can think of with them and they still call, although not as much. I've even told them that no my bank will not purchase due to price, don't send me the advance copy to review because the bank is tired of paying postage for returned items, etc...

Now when they call, I just say, "No thank you, were are not interested at this time. Goodbye and have a nice day."

Return to Top
#955501 - 05/07/08 03:00 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls Seadevil
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
Our bank has been purchased so we will have no need for any such resources in the future. I began by asking for them to modify their records to reflect that we should no longer be called...100 calls later, I've just given up. I've decided that they just can't be stopped; I am still getting 5-10 calls each week.

Return to Top
#955727 - 05/07/08 08:09 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls BrendaC
LynnH Offline
100 Club
LynnH
NH
I tell them that the budget is tight this year and we will not be spending for publications, though it doesn't stop the next department from calling the next day.

Return to Top
#955738 - 05/07/08 08:21 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls LynnH
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I get probably 2-3 phone calls per week also. Today a young man called trying to sell me a RESPA manual. OK - RESPA is now up for revamping so why would I want to buy a manual now? Hmmmm. I told him we weren't interested so then he asked if I was also in charge of privacy because they have another new manual out. What do they do - renumber the pages? I told him due to budget restraints we wouldn't be purchasing any manuals this year.

OK - rant over.

Return to Top
#955739 - 05/07/08 08:23 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls LynnH
ndakbanker Offline
New Poster
ndakbanker
ND
How about the same department calling on consecutive days? One call yesterday re: disaster recovery manual and one call today about the same thing! I calmly but sternly told them that "I told your representative yesterday that we were not interested."

Return to Top
#955744 - 05/07/08 08:25 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls LynnH
NLC Offline
Gold Star
Center of US
After the third person calls to try and sell you the same thing I just state sorry I did not buy from the others and will not from you. They are such a pain it is a wonder anyone would buy from them. And I too am refusing to look at there books, etc because the postage is costly. If anyone ever comes up with a way to stop them please post it as I waste so much time tring to tell them No.

Return to Top
#955866 - 05/08/08 11:55 AM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls NLC
Rocky P Online
Power Poster
Florida
Ask them for their toll free number and direct extension, then explain so you can harass them the same way they harass you :-)

In your free time call them up and explain you don't want anything.

Return to Top
#955908 - 05/08/08 01:09 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls Rocky P
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
It is annoying - but these folks are just trying to earn a living. They don't control who is on their lists to call and don't know when more than one telemarketer calls in one day or one week. I gave up being angry with the telemarketers themselves. I simply tell them I'm not interested in buying anything today and hang up before they can try. Its the management of the company we need to complain to. We've written letters and made phone calls to management, but all to no avail. Management doesn't apparently care.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#956003 - 05/08/08 03:24 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls waldensouth
Aiden Michaels Offline
Aiden Michaels
With the call conversion rate of telemarketing efforts dropping like a lead balloon, seems that they would just drop these efforts. I am sure they are not getting many positive results....

Return to Top
#956149 - 05/08/08 06:01 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls Aiden Michaels
HR Banker Offline
Diamond Poster
We are fortunate to have caller ID on our phones. I keep a list of the area codes I won't answer once I know they are salespeople.

Return to Top
#956161 - 05/08/08 06:19 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls HR Banker
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
ltackett - let me know if that works. They just leave voicemails for me now because I won't pick up the phone.

I have told them to quit calling me and to add me to a Do Not Call list (which they then take my information, act all sincere and then ten minutes later I get another call from another telemarketer with the same vendor). I even told one guy no - he said I have a free White Paper about something (I can't remember what)let me send it to you- I gave in and then got a bill for $495!!! I complained and they let me send it back for $14.00 in postage! They drive me crazy!

Return to Top
#956163 - 05/08/08 06:25 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls Tesla
HR Banker Offline
Diamond Poster
Some vendors do leave voicemails but I just don't respond. Sheshunoff doesn't usually leave me one. I have been answering some lately as I am changing positions and will no longer need the compliance manuals they offer. I've already warned my replacement about their calls!

Return to Top
#956283 - 05/08/08 08:30 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls HR Banker
Sgt. Pepper Offline
100 Club
Sgt. Pepper
Massachusetts
I take some comfort in knowing that many of my peers have the same issue with Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt.

Like someone else mentioned, I can't imagine that their telemarketing efforts can be all that successful. Let's face it, none of us need to be told by a sales person that we need another manual or series of worksheets. We are all intelligent enough to visit the Sheshunoff website ourselves should we have an interest in something.

It would be great if all of us BOLers started a petition to ask Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt to eliminate their telemarketing efforts as they seem to be alienating us rather that deepening any existing customer relationships.

Return to Top
#956732 - 05/09/08 03:33 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls Sgt. Pepper
TrustNo1 Offline
New Poster
We have had this problem for several years. We already subscibed to their online audit and compliance expert programs and still kept calling trying to push the paper book on us. We kept telling them we already had the online version and they would get off the phone and then someone else would call again.

We began interrupting them when they would call with their pitch and told them very sternly that "solicitations were not allowed at this bank" and I would ask for their name and usually they began to crawfish and would get off the line very quickly. Somehow this actually worked, and these calls have begun to taper off.

It still seems neverending though.

Return to Top
#956755 - 05/09/08 03:48 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls TrustNo1
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Mine come in "unknown/unknown", so I just don't answer them. If it's a legit call, they'll leave a message (believe it or not our state banking department comes in unknown!). Anyway...once in awhile a smart one will slip through a different way such as from another extension and catch me off guard. those get a "not interested..thanks" but it is irritating as mess. I guess I get about 2 a day, sometimes more.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#957462 - 05/12/08 01:50 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls RR Joker
bugleboy Offline
100 Club
Ohio
I get 4-5 calls a week and I tell them I'm aware their manuals can (sometimes) be useful and we can check their website when a need arises. We have several manuals from a few years ago and I augment them with timely articles and info from BOL rather than repurchase. I always interrupt them before they go too far with their annoying pre-printed pitch. I agree with Sgt. Pepper, it would be good if all BOLers could somehow collectively send the message to these solicitors that telemarketing is an unwarranted intrusion in our day and they would be much more successful putting their efforts into a good website with downloadable samples rather than mailing a 50 pound manual we have to pay a lot to send back. And another thing, they should wait until regs have actually been revised before trying to get a manual out about potential or pending changes.

Return to Top
#957489 - 05/12/08 02:16 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls bugleboy
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I just received an AS Pratt call. I love how they say "We'll send it out to you as soon as you confirm your mailing address".

Return to Top
#957807 - 05/12/08 07:42 PM Re: Sheshunoff / A.S. Pratt Telemarketing Calls P*Q
I Wear Many Hats Offline
Platinum Poster
I Wear Many Hats
the beautiful state of ME
Caller ID is great and if by mistake I do answer, then I just ask to be put on their do not call list - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - we are doing a core conversion this year, so that is my excuse for not buying anything.

Return to Top