Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1953766 - 08/15/14 06:51 PM incoming wire in consumer name but account is busi
river girl Offline
Diamond Poster
Our agreement says we can post to just the account number, that the name doesn't need to match. We manually post all our wires and if the wire comes in with a consumer name and the wire is going into a business account with the consumer as a signer, our wire desk is sending the wire back as mismatch.

I think this is terrible customer service and we should post.

Thoughts?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1953815 - 08/15/14 08:11 PM Re: incoming wire in consumer name but account is busi river girl
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
I agree with your wire desk- these are mismatches.

The wire belongs to the consumer, but the account belongs to the business. Based on the structure and ownership of the business this may present a tiny problem or a huge one. If I were to allow this as an excpetion (and it would be an exception) I would not do so more than once.

From a customer service standpoint, this is an opportunity to reach out to the individual about setting up a consumer account in his/her own name. If the individual does not want a consumer account, and insists on using the business account as a personal account, I would take a good hard look at the reasons for this behavior, and reevaluate the relationship through the lens of those reasons.

Return to Top
#1953816 - 08/15/14 08:13 PM Re: incoming wire in consumer name but account is busi river girl
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Quote:
Our agreement says we can post to just the account number, that the name doesn't need to match.

Either change your contract or change your practice. That's the issue...

Return to Top
#1954038 - 08/18/14 04:18 PM Re: incoming wire in consumer name but account is busi river girl
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
you have a system in place that you don't adhere to...yes, terrible customer service...and terrible too that you haven't taken steps to rectify what you (and when i say "you" i mean the "Bank") konw to be an issue...

if you were autoposting based on solely the account number I could undertsand this sattement, but since you are manually posting each transaction, no reason not to get it right.

Return to Top