Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2256273 - 07/02/21 05:06 PM Recent Regulatory Changes
Compliance504 Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennessee
I'm preparing a report which includes Regulatory Updates for 2nd Qtr.....with all the issuances surrounding mortgage servicing and debt collection due to COVID....I've gotten a little lost.....

The Reg X Mortgaging Rule issued on 6/28 was the answer to the proposed rules on 4/5 or 4/6....there are no other pending proposed rules...is this correct?

These rules are effective 8/13/21 and small servicers are excluded....we are a small servicer...we should still review and consider this rule.....is this correct?

The Debt Collection Interim Final Rule issued on 4/19 effective 5/3 applied to landlords....we are not a debt collector....so we don't need to be concerned with this rule...is this correct?

The proposed rule to delay the effective date of two rules for Reg F from 11/30 to 1/29 is still outstanding.....we are not a debt collector so these rules do not apply to us....but we should still review and consider these rules....is this correct??

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated....

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2256289 - 07/02/21 07:56 PM Re: Recent Regulatory Changes Compliance504
Compliance504 Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennessee
I think I've got this figured out.....

Return to Top
#2256334 - 07/06/21 07:54 PM Re: Recent Regulatory Changes Compliance504
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
You could be a landlord if you hold any rental property in REO.

Reg X amendments are effective 8/31/21 (not 8/13). While they don't directly affect small servicers, they and the Bureau, with its heavy public relations reach to consumers, set borrower expectations. If you have a lot of loans in some form of forbearance, you better be ready for the tsunami of consumer inquiries as the forbearance agreements approach their end dates.

You have the Reg F amendments right.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top