Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1597 - 05/03/01 09:22 PM New and Revised Regulations, Policy Statements, etc.
tsorbe Offline
tsorbe
Brookings, SD
Is it me, or have we had a busy past 12 months? Has anyone taken the time to count the number of new regulations, revised regulations, interim regulations, proposed and dropped regulations, new policy statements, revised policy statements, etc. that we've had to deal with lately. I'd be very interested in knowing. Maybe I'll use it at bonus time.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1598 - 05/03/01 09:49 PM Re: New and Revised Regulations, Policy Statements, etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just remember that all of this adds up to the most important one of all: "The Compliance Officer's Full Employment Act".

Return to Top
#1599 - 05/09/01 01:09 AM Re: New and Revised Regulations, Policy Statements, etc.
Lucy Griffin Offline

Diamond Poster
Lucy Griffin
I was just thinking today -- while writing the next Compliance Action editorial -- that Privacy -- and all the other things that come with it -- has involved more than Y2K. Two years ago, I felt as though every issue had something on Y2K. Now it's privacy + !

Return to Top
#1600 - 05/09/01 08:02 PM Re: New and Revised Regulations, Policy Statements, etc.
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I read somewhere earlier this year that in the last 6 months of 2000 there were more banking-related regulations published in the federal register than during any other 6 month period in history. I agree - job security for me.

------------------
Opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Return to Top
#1601 - 05/09/01 08:08 PM Re: New and Revised Regulations, Policy Statements, etc.
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
I'm amazed that no one has yet commented (here) on the irony that the Fed is proposing to issue another MEGA-Reg, appropriately named "Dubbyah."
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1602 - 05/09/01 08:09 PM Re: New and Revised Regulations, Policy Statements, etc.
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
I'm amazed that no one has yet commented (here) on the irony that the Fed is proposing to issue another MEGA-Reg, appropriately named "Dubbyah."
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1603 - 05/10/01 12:35 PM Re: New and Revised Regulations, Policy Statements, etc.
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
I'm denying the existence of W until it gets published in the Federal Register. There's something about printing the double-spaced, wide-margin version published by the Fed that is unsettling. "W" is as long as the Privacy proposal, and Privace was inter-agency.

The Federal Register .pdf version, even though it will be the same, will be 1/4 of the size of Board of Gevernor's printeed version. Psychologically, that will be much easier to digest.

------------------
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Paul Brinker CRCM
Director, Corporate Compliance
First National Bank of Omaha
402-964-8313

Return to Top