BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#362319 - 05/21/05 07:06 PM Texas Bankers' BSA/AML Workshop, June 22 & 23
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
You may want to check out the brochure for this session. It's a new offering for the TBA and includes some sessions that I am particularly looking forward to like the one on BSA Direct E Filing and the Introduction to the New Examination Procedures.

In March, FinCEN got an OIG report where they were encouraged to issue a regulation requiring banks to use the E-filing process, so it's time we all got up to speed. Tom Atkins from the Dallas Fed who is well known to many Texas bankers as a practical, down to earth presenter will introduce all of us to the new Interagency examination procedures for BSA.

Pat Cashman (known to me as "that cute little red haired girl") and I will do our bits as well. Pat and I hope to see you there. Please stop by and say hell-o.

Return to Top
#362320 - 05/21/05 07:30 PM Re: Texas Bankers' BSA/AML Workshop, June 22 & 23
PatriciaC Offline
100 Club
PatriciaC
Lewisville, Texas, US
We really are very excited about having this right here in Texas!! It is wonderful opportunity to ask questions and, hopefully, receive answers, to questions that can so very dramtically affect us all. I have been passionate about strict compliance with BSA since its implementation in 1970 (oops, that is an "age" clue, isn't it?!)as I look quite dreadful in day-glo orange jumpsuits and prefer to avoid having a roommate named LuLu. The dramtic increase in the workload to us as bankers/field agents and the number of enforcement actions makes this a session you cannot afford to miss.

Ken & I are looking forward to seeing all of you there.

And, Ken, I love being called a "girl", particularly when it comes from you and the adjectives include "cute" and "little".

Return to Top
#362321 - 05/24/05 02:18 PM Re: Texas Bankers' BSA/AML Workshop, June 22 & 23
VMack Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Perfect timing for me so I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing that "cute little red headed girl". Oh yes...and of course I look forward to seeing Ken too!

“The wise know their limitations; the foolish do not.”
Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Return to Top
#362322 - 06/02/05 05:10 PM Re: Texas Bankers' BSA/AML Workshop, June 22 & 23
Anonymous
Unregistered

Will this workshop be held again anytime soon in Texas? I can't make this one, but sure would like to get in on another one soon. Are you aware of any other training sessions on these topics in the near furture. I know Professional Bank Services has one in July--anyone familiar with this group? Thanks.

Return to Top
#362323 - 06/06/05 02:53 PM Re: Texas Bankers' BSA/AML Workshop, June 22 & 23
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I've been to PBS stuff before and they are very good instructors. I know someone who is going to that seminar as well, although I myself am not.

Return to Top
#362324 - 06/15/05 03:36 PM Re: Texas Bankers' BSA/AML Workshop, June 22 & 23
Anonymous
Unregistered

The workshop won't be repeated. Logistically, it's a pretty significant undertaking with approximately 20 people making or participating in several presentations.

Registration is near 200 and will close very soon. This is a unique opportunity to attend a "national" program close to home.

Return to Top
#362325 - 06/15/05 03:38 PM Re: Texas Bankers' BSA/AML Workshop, June 22 & 23
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
The dunderhead above, Anon #378702, was me.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z