Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1271732 - 10/22/09 05:35 PM Home Equity - What would YOU do?
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
A file review points to the possibility that the lender may have mailed the home equity loan docs to the borrowers for signatures. Before I confront the loan officer to find out for sure if this occured, I'd like some feedback. If he DID indeed mail the docs for sigs, what are our options. It's a very, very large loan.

Return to Top
#1271755 - 10/22/09 05:45 PM Re: Home Equity - What would YOU do? swiggles
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Were the signatures notarized? (Sounds like not.)
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1271765 - 10/22/09 05:50 PM Re: Home Equity - What would YOU do? Kathleen O. Blanchard
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: MS Kaybee
Were the signatures notarized? (Sounds like not.)

Yes, the documents were notarized....that's one of the clues in file. We have no branch in the town (or any town close by) where the documents were notorized.

Return to Top
#1272518 - 10/23/09 02:50 PM Re: Home Equity - What would YOU do? swiggles
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Turns out....this is a home improvement loan, but home improvement loans have to also be closed in the office of the lender, an attorney or title company. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what to do about this?

Return to Top
#1272652 - 10/23/09 03:56 PM Re: Home Equity - What would YOU do? swiggles
M Cockrell Offline
Diamond Poster
M Cockrell
Dallas, TX
Okay. Follow my scenario here...

Is it possible the LO mailed the doc's to the clients, who then took the doc's to a local atty (maybe a family member/friend - who may not have chosen not to charge for his/her services) and they "closed" at the atty friend's office in front of notary???

I know that's a lot of "iffy" adjectives, but is it possible?

All I could suggest is to ask the LO directly (without accusation) about the circumstances. Then, depending on his/her reply, consult with your legal counsel.

Return to Top
#1272690 - 10/23/09 04:18 PM Re: Home Equity - What would YOU do? M Cockrell
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Consulting with legal counsel was my initial thought and so it helps that you have agreed. If this were a small home improvement loan, I would just leave it be and pray.....maybe go see the loan officer in person armed with my ruler for some knuckle rapping. But due to the size of this particular loan, I think we need to be proactive about fixing it or at least getting an opinion from counsel regarding what to do. The huge exposure is just too risky. Well, hopefully, the lender will provide an explanation as you've explained above!!! And everything will simply be ok. ::sigh::

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z