Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1343087 - 02/12/10 08:12 PM 3% HE fee cap and new RESPA
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
I think I understand this, but I want to post here for confirmation...

Fees charged and collected can not be more than lifetime cap of 3%. So, we disclose all our origination charges as they stand. (Even if they total over the 3% cap)... and then I show them as lender paid expense in block 2 to get get to the 3% range?

Do I understand this right?

Return to Top
#1343372 - 02/13/10 08:28 PM Re: 3% HE fee cap and new RESPA Always In Training
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
Will be curious as to others' responses, but that is how we are doing it. Another example is that there is a requirement for home equity (and I think maybe all second liens) that appraisal fees cannot be charged to the consumer unless they are conducted by a certified appraiser. We have a 3rd party who does evaluations for us, but he's not a certified appraiser, so we list the fee in block 3 of the GFE and line 804 of the HUD-1, but make it a block 2, line 802 credit.
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
#1343641 - 02/16/10 03:34 PM Re: 3% HE fee cap and new RESPA CalifDreamin
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
It would be extremely rare that we exceed the cap, but that is how we would do it. We obtain broker opinions for most home improvement and home equity loans so it's easy to stay below the cap. Those cost about 100 bucks.

Return to Top
#1348755 - 02/24/10 10:04 PM Re: 3% HE fee cap and new RESPA swiggles
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
That's pretty much all we do in terms of H.E., we don't call them broker's opinions. We call them Market Evaluations - but ours cost $150. Attorney's Fees are $250. Settlement Fee of $250. You can see how that adds up fast.

Return to Top
#1348994 - 02/25/10 02:58 PM Re: 3% HE fee cap and new RESPA Always In Training
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
No attorney fees....we prepare our own docs....no settlement fee...we close'em in house.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z