Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1926748 - 05/27/14 06:33 PM Self Employed QM
Web Offline
Gold Star
Borrower is self-employed (S-Corp) requesting low LTV loan. Has provided 2 years Tax returns for business and personal and DTI is good. We requested YTD balance sheet and Profit and Loss per Appendix Q, but borrower does not want to provide because he feels we are asking for too much b/c loan amount is low. In order for me to have a QM i need the YTD information right? If i don't get it then loan cannot be documented as QM per Appendix Q for self employed from what i'm reading it wants?

Return to Top
Ability to Repay/Qualified Mortgage Rule
#1926756 - 05/27/14 06:38 PM Re: Self Employed QM Web
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
but borrower does not want to provide because he feels we are asking for too much b/c loan amount is low.

Since when does the borrower get to choose what they do or do not provide you in order to get a loan???

Return to Top
#1926763 - 05/27/14 06:45 PM Re: Self Employed QM Web
Web Offline
Gold Star
i totally agree, but i need YTD to have a QM right?

Return to Top
#1926765 - 05/27/14 06:47 PM Re: Self Employed QM Web
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
4. General Documentation Requirements for Self Employed Consumers. Self-employed consumers must provide the following documentation:

a., b. and

c. Year to date profit and loss (P&L) statement and balance sheet.

Return to Top