Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1982364 - 12/11/14 01:28 PM Successors-in-iInterest - Ability to Repay
Pierrette S.Champagne Offline
New Poster
When a successor in interest of a deceased borrower with respect to the property secured by the deceased borrower's mortgage loan.
The Heir has been paying the mortgage and now wants to be added to the loan to close the estate. We want to do a note mode to add the heir however we also want to make sure the loan will be sound going forward.
Can a bank pull a credit report on this heir and ask for w2 to evaluate this heir can pay? As I read the 12CFR Part 1026 that is dated 07-11-2014 I'm not sure.
We are considered a Small Bank.

Return to Top
Ability to Repay/Qualified Mortgage Rule
#1982383 - 12/11/14 02:09 PM Re: Successors-in-iInterest - Ability to Repay Pierrette S.Champagne
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You are talking about allowing her to assume the loan, Of course you are allowed to vet her for creditworthiness.

Return to Top
#1982409 - 12/11/14 03:12 PM Re: Successors-in-iInterest - Ability to Repay Pierrette S.Champagne
Dan Persfull Online
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I agree. The successor in interest guidance you referenced clarified that under certain circumstances those assumptions are not subject to the ATR rules however the guidance does not prevent you from performing your due diligence in determining if the successor is an acceptable credit risk.

Return to Top