Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2172893 - 04/10/18 09:27 PM Including Bankruptcy Notice on HELOC Stmt
kglasser Offline
Is there anything that would prohibit including the same 7/11 or 12/13 bankruptcy notices the Rules require on closed-ended HE Loans on HELOC statements? Collections would like to incorporate the same processes and notices for both product types (open and closed end dwelling secured).
Thoughts?

Return to Top
Mortgage Servicing Rules
#2172986 - 04/11/18 03:58 PM Re: Including Bankruptcy Notice on HELOC Stmt kglasser
GTS333 Offline
Gold Star
I'm not sure specifically which "notices" you're referring to, but you'd be building your own version of the periodic statements for open-end loans, and it would still have to comply with all of the requirements and restrictions for open-end statements under Reg. Z. I'm not sure that's doable, but I haven't tried to marry the two requirements. I'd personally continue to not provide statements to consumers in BK on open-end loans rather than try to create my own compliant statement version, as I suspect that's far less risky, but that's just me. Good luck!

Return to Top