Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2033112 - 08/12/15 12:14 PM Dual Compensation & Lending As Broker
Compliance Poster Offline
Gold Star
Under §1026.36 (d)(2)(A), if any loan originator receives compensation directly from a consumer in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling, “no loan originator shall receive compensation, directly or indirectly, from any person other than the consumer in connection with the transaction.” The definition of loan originator in §1026.36 “includes a creditor that engages in loan origination activities if the creditor does not finance the transaction at consummation out of the creditor's own resources, including by drawing on a bona fide warehouse line of credit or out of deposits held by the creditor.”

Does this mean that if my bank originates a secondary market loan with its own funds, it may receive a fee from both the borrower plus either a servicing release premium or YSP from a sponsor or other investor? But if it acts as a broker in which another party funds the mortgage, it cannot receive income from both the borrower and another source?
Last edited by John Burnett; 08/12/15 12:39 PM. Reason: Duel to Dual in subject
Return to Top
Loan Originator Compensation Rule
#2138862 - 07/19/17 11:06 PM Re: Dual Compensation & Lending As Broker Compliance Poster
ccman Offline
Platinum Poster
Very good question. May be a good time to refer to legal counsel for help on this one. I'm in the same boat with you along
with others I'm sure. good luck.

Return to Top
#2138865 - 07/19/17 11:30 PM Re: Dual Compensation & Lending As Broker Compliance Poster
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Profits from the sale into the secondary market is not an issue.

Return to Top
#2138889 - 07/20/17 01:49 PM Re: Dual Compensation & Lending As Broker rlcarey
ccman Offline
Platinum Poster
Thanks rl. I needed some clarity with this subject. thanks again.

Return to Top