Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2197491 - 11/06/18 08:31 PM CD and Appraisal Review
t0dd Offline
100 Club
Can the CD and the Appraisal acknowledgement be delivered at the same time without causing an issue in the closing date?

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2197492 - 11/06/18 08:39 PM Re: CD and Appraisal Review t0dd
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
The appraisal acknowledgment isn't a required document, and is a bid redundant IMO on a TRID loan. That same language is basically on the CD. If the question is can the appraisal itself be delivered with the CD, then IMO, yes. That's at least 3 business days prior to the loan date (or it should be, if you're following the CD timing requirements).

Return to Top
#2197494 - 11/06/18 08:47 PM Re: CD and Appraisal Review t0dd
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
(That's not to say that an appraisal received weeks or months prior to the CD issuance date should be held until then to deliver. I don't think that meets the Reg. B 'promptly upon receipt' requirements.)

Return to Top
#2197502 - 11/06/18 09:08 PM Re: CD and Appraisal Review t0dd
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I think, but may be wrong, that Todd is asking or referring to a 'receipt' acknowledgment. If so, we use an acknowledgment for pickup in person transactions and if the appraisal/eval had not already been delivered then we include both on the pick up acknowledgment. No, it doesn't present any date issues as they run simultaneously.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2197505 - 11/06/18 09:24 PM Re: CD and Appraisal Review t0dd
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Yeah, to me, i don't really see where a receipt acknowledgment is required or that useful on a TRID loan. The CD basically says "i have received the appraisal at least 3 business days prior to the loan date. If i have not, i should contact my loan officer."

Return to Top
#2197567 - 11/07/18 03:56 PM Re: CD and Appraisal Review t0dd
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Of course, there are a lot of "acknowledgment of receipt" signatures that lenders obtain in connection with consumer real estate loans that are absolutely not required by regulation (the one exception that comes to mind is the flood notice acknowledgment). But lawyers and auditors and secondary market investors all seem to demand documentation that notices and disclosures are timely received, so lenders find themselves stuck with all those signature lines. And then, in a "Catch 22," when their procedures call for a borrower's receipt acknowledgment signature, they get dinged by their auditors (and sometimes examiners) when they miss one here and there.

Is this a great business, or what?
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top