Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2211247 - 04/16/19 06:16 PM Service Provider List
debbie sluder Offline
We were recently written up by examiners because on our Service Provider List we did not list Services That you Cannot Shop For but it is within Section B of our Loan Estimate. Is it a requirement to list the services that cannot be shopped for on our provider list? Everything I read indicates that the creditor MAY identify on the written list of service provider those services for which the consumer is NOT PERMITTED TO SHOP FOR. MAY list is the key word??

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2211255 - 04/16/19 06:41 PM Re: Service Provider List debbie sluder
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
There is no regulatory requirement to identify providers for services the consumer cannot shop for on the Servicers Providers List.

What section of the Regulation are they citing?

IMO 1026.19(e)1)(vi) and its OSI are pretty clear that you only have to provide a list of providers that will perform the service the consumer can shop for.

Return to Top
#2211265 - 04/16/19 07:08 PM Re: Service Provider List debbie sluder
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Because the idiots at the CFPB issued Model H-27(C) which included it.

Return to Top
#2211268 - 04/16/19 07:20 PM Re: Service Provider List Dan Persfull
debbie sluder Offline
There was not a regulation cited.....probably because it doesn't exist!

Return to Top
#2211281 - 04/16/19 08:41 PM Re: Service Provider List debbie sluder
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
When you say examiners - you mean regulatory examiners or internal or external auditors? Either way, this needs to be escalated up the chain of command.

Return to Top
#2211313 - 04/17/19 11:21 AM Re: Service Provider List debbie sluder
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Dan and Randy are correct and I would not agree to this finding with your examiners/auditors. I would be very surprised if this is an examiner (and not an auditor) and it made it to the final report after going through a review desk. Either way, I would push back because it isn't required.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2211364 - 04/17/19 03:49 PM Re: Service Provider List debbie sluder
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Comment 19(e)(1)(vi)-6, with relevant text highlighted:

Quote:
Additional information on written list. The creditor may include a statement on the written list that the listing of a settlement service provider does not constitute an endorsement of that service provider. The creditor may also identify on the written list providers of services for which the consumer is not permitted to shop, provided that the creditor clearly and conspicuously distinguishes those services from the services for which the consumer is permitted to shop. This may be accomplished by placing the services under different headings. For example, if the list provided pursuant to § 1026.19(e)(1)(vi)(C) identifies providers of pest inspections and surveys, but the consumer may select a provider, other than those identified on the list, for only the survey, then the list must specifically inform the consumer that the consumer is permitted to select a provider, other than a provider identified on the list, for only the survey.

That is the only reference to the option. I have never yet heard of a lender that has used it. The reasons are obvious.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top