Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2253617 - 05/06/21 11:02 PM Loan Amount on HMDA LAR
Rebecca Offline
For Denial/WD/File Closed for Incompleteness should the loan amount reflect the final action as reported to the customer or the initial application loan amount? If the applicant changed the loan amount (like a changed circumstance) and a Statement of Notice was sent to the customer with the final loan amount applied for wouldn't that be the amount recorded on the HMDA Lar?
I understand that under 1003.4(a)(7)(3) states that the loan amount reported is the amount for which the applicant applied for. However not using the correct loan amount could be a possible fair lending issue also.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2253695 - 05/09/21 04:31 PM Re: Loan Amount on HMDA LAR Rebecca
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Using the philosophy behind the covered loan amount, included in your cite, and counteroffers, what did the applicant apply for? If they applied for $X and later amended it to $X+1, they are requesting $X+1. If they requested $X and the bank was offering $X-1, and the applicant never accepted that offer, they're still at $X. If they accepted that amount but then failed to follow thru of some other requirements, substantiated by documenting their approval of the counteroffer, you're at $X-1. It is the covered loan amount you're after for this.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top