Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2256297 - 07/04/21 08:51 PM How to Report Change in Loan Program
hodea Offline
New Poster
I have a loan that started initially as a VA purchase. The underwriter suspended the loan due to not enough eligibility. The borrower requested to change to a conventional loan. A revised LE/COC was prepared and the file was underwritten as a conventional and a conditional approval given. The borrower now wishes to withdraw and not continue with the file.

How would I report this for HMDA & Reg B? No formal counter offer was given or accepted, just the borrower request to change to conventional.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2256302 - 07/06/21 01:05 PM Re: How to Report Change in Loan Program hodea
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
A counteroffer does not have to be formal. If I understand, the applicant asked you if they would qualify for a different product, you approved them, so IMHO is is approved not accepted for HMDA purposes. Since it does not appear they expressly accepted the counteroffer, then under Regulation B, you owe them a AAN for the VA loan.

Return to Top
#2256320 - 07/06/21 04:10 PM Re: How to Report Change in Loan Program hodea
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
If any of the conditions were creditworthiness conditions then I would have to opiine you have a withdrawal.

If they were customary closing conditions then I would agree with approved but not accepted.

In either case I agree you have adverse action under Reg. B.

Return to Top
#2256408 - 07/08/21 01:02 AM Re: How to Report Change in Loan Program hodea
hodea Offline
New Poster
Thank you both

Return to Top