Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2159514 - 01/06/18 04:21 PM CFPB Filing Platform: Control Concerns
Compliance Buzz Offline
Gold Star
NJ
Is anyone else concerned with the limited controls for access to the CFPB's filing platform? So far, at least 4 people in my Bank have signed up for the platform out of curiosity (that I KNOW of), but I have no way of knowing who has access to the site from my Bank.

I would be considered the "authorized representative" to approve the filing that they reference in their 2017 Filing Guide, and now on the video for the filing platform, but I sent them an email asking them:

"....with what appears to be no control over who in my Bank may sign up for access to the online platform"
1. How do I control, verify and document who has access and has registered under my Bank’s name to the CFPB Filing website?
2. How is the CFPB allowing the Bank to identity the authorized representative to ensure that only that person approves the filing?

This is the 2nd time I'm sending in the question, because I never received an answer to it the first time I asked in November when they released the BETA platform.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2160292 - 01/12/18 01:40 PM Re: CFPB Filing Platform: Control Concerns Compliance Buzz
Quatro Offline
SC
We were having the exact same conversation here the other day. I have signed up and will conduct the file submission, but my supervisor is the authorized representative for the bank.

If you don't mind, I may copy your questions and send them to HMDAHelp to see what kind of response I get (if I get anything).

Return to Top
#2160360 - 01/12/18 06:48 PM Re: CFPB Filing Platform: Control Concerns Compliance Buzz
Quatro Offline
SC
Update: received this from HMDAHelp just now

"We will escalate to our technical team for a response. Thank you."

Guess we will see where this goes from here...

Return to Top