Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2265449 - 01/28/22 08:26 PM Property Value to report
Melissa S Offline
Gold Star
Melissa S
Maine
I am reporting a commercial loan used to purchase business equipment because a the refinance of commercial loan to the same borrower is being wrapped in. The loan being refinanced and the new loan are both partially collateralized by the owners personal residence.

I am reporting the full LTV that was relied on in making the decision, even though equipment was incorporated in that calculation.

Now.... i couldn't find in regs what was considered the definition of property for the category "PROPERTY VALUE". Am I supposed to be using only the value of only the residential property collateralizing the loan (which would make one wonder where in the world the LTV came from) or am I using the value of ALL property collateralizing the loan, including equipment.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2265452 - 01/28/22 08:40 PM Re: Property Value to report Melissa S
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I would report the entire value of everything securing your loan. While it doesn't go into a lot of detail, and doesn't directly discuss this scenario, it says "property value", not "REAL property value" or "DWELLING value". Equipment and other personal property is still PROPERTY.

Return to Top
#2265453 - 01/28/22 08:43 PM Re: Property Value to report Melissa S
Melissa S Offline
Gold Star
Melissa S
Maine
Perfect. Thank you much raitchjay!

Return to Top