Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2281685 - 02/28/23 07:04 PM Phase II Financing - Purchase or Refi
Believing... Offline
Gold Star
In the mountains
We are converting a temporary home purchase to perm financing. Do we follow the same rules as if this were a construction loan and report the perm phase as a home purchase loan? Similarly, we are refinancing/converting an open-end LOC that was for the purpose of acquiring investment properties into a closed-end loan. The bank does not meet the threshold for reporting LOCs, so the original line was not reported. I really don't look at this as phase II financing since the borrower could have maintained the LOC for a longer time. Should this one be reported as a refi?

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2281688 - 02/28/23 07:20 PM Re: Phase II Financing - Purchase or Refi Believing...
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Converting? You mean via a modification? Modifications are not reportable under HMDA.

Return to Top
#2281689 - 02/28/23 07:20 PM Re: Phase II Financing - Purchase or Refi Believing...
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
converting a temporary home purchase to perm financing. Not a const/perm loan. This would be a refinancing.

The fact you do not meet the threshold for reporting HELOCs has no bearing if the closed-end loan is covered. You are satisfying and replacing an existing dwelling secured loan (assuming the "investment" properties are dwellings) with assumably a new dwelling secured loan and to the same borrower. This would be a refinancing.

Return to Top
#2281694 - 02/28/23 07:34 PM Re: Phase II Financing - Purchase or Refi Believing...
Believing... Offline
Gold Star
In the mountains
No mods; my weird use of the term converting. We are refinancing both. Thanks, Dan!

Return to Top