Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#126167 - 10/28/03 06:49 PM New Currency Already Counterfeited
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just heard on the radio that up in Boston, some counterfeits of the new $ 20s have been detected. Though they were missing the security thread and watermark, the authorities said the counterfeits "looked pretty good".

Didn't take long, did it ???

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#126168 - 10/28/03 06:55 PM Re: New Currency Already Counterfeited
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I was in Wal*Mart early this morning and they were saying they had already received a counterfeit $20.

Return to Top
#126169 - 10/28/03 07:10 PM Re: New Currency Already Counterfeited
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The bad guys will try to strike before people know well what to look for in the new bills. This is why it is important for folks to learn what the new $20s look and feel like. Mary Beth has a lot of the security information about the new $20s here on BOL.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#126170 - 10/28/03 11:18 PM Re: New Currency Already Counterfeited
Happy Birthday Hussam Al-Abed Offline
Platinum Poster
Abu Dhabi / U.A.E
The best time for distribution of forged new currency is ALWAYS the first time this new currency is launched, usually bankers are aware of new security features for the new series, and others are not.

Early stages of launching new currency involves people in a rush to try / feel the new banknotes, that’s when counterfeiters Hit and take advantage. Despite all awareness campaigns by government some people get excited with the new colors more than noticing the absence of security features (it happened with the 1996 series).

It is just a stage of launching a new currency and law enforcement should anticipate that in advance, so it comes as No surprise!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z