Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#133370 - 11/21/03 09:16 PM Security Devices
Anonymous
Unregistered

What are the opinions on -
Bait money? Dye Packs?
Also, we are thinking of installing timer locks on some of our smaller branch vault chests. Some worry we are putting monetary security over employee safety. Any opinions or experiences???

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#133371 - 11/21/03 09:30 PM Re: Security Devices
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
I don't think you're going to get a detailed discussion here in an open forum. One of the many benefits of registering with BOL is the ability to send and receive private messages, so you can discuss sensitive information out of public view.

Now, on to your questions- what are you trying to achieve? Lessen the impact of a robbery (in terms of dollar amount?) Improve your ability to respond after the fact? Make your bank a less attractive target for robbers? The devices you mentioned serve different purposes and meet different needs.

Return to Top
#133372 - 11/21/03 09:46 PM Re: Security Devices
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
We have timed vaults at each of our branches...I thought that was expected.

Return to Top
#133373 - 11/22/03 03:41 AM Re: Security Devices
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:

What are the opinions on -
Bait money? Dye Packs?
Also, we are thinking of installing timer locks on some of our smaller branch vault chests. Some worry we are putting monetary security over employee safety. Any opinions or experiences???

Yes. Why not. And Jac is right.

As to timers on the smaller vaults/safes, even when I was a 7-11 manager many years ago, the vault was on a timer and employees didn't see it as a threat to our safety, but with signage, a deterrent.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z