Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1811781 - 05/07/13 05:12 PM Cell Phone Usage?
Jalynn627 Offline
New Poster
Please excuse me if this topic has been referred to previously. I am new to Bankers.

How do you handle customers using cell phones in the lobby. At a previous bank I worked for we posted signs asking customers to complete phone calls before entering the teller line. Not only did we find it rude to help someone while they were on the phone, but we found that it could potentially be a privacy issue to the customer and those around them. However, many customers refused to respond to our request to end their phone call, or found it to be an inconvenience. Does anyone have any procedures in place regarding cell phone usage in the bank?

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#1812935 - 05/09/13 11:37 PM Re: Cell Phone Usage? Jalynn627
Greg Offline
Platinum Poster
Michigan
I get this question frequently from our staff. I'll tell you what I tell them. It is your job to serve the client even when they're rude, smell bad or don't have a clue what they're talking about. Unless they pose a threat, they don't have to please us, we have to please them.

As for privacy, treat it like a drive up client with a passenger in their car - if they ask a question jot the answer on a piece of paper and hand it to them.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z