Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#11908 - 01/09/01 09:01 PM PHONY IDS AND CREDENTIALS VIA THE INTERNET
Happy Birthday Hussam Al-Abed Offline
Platinum Poster
Abu Dhabi / U.A.E
it is much more easy than you can imagine!...Kindly read this if you have some time.
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=106_senate_hearings&docid=f:64986.wais

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#11909 - 01/11/01 02:48 PM Re: PHONY IDS AND CREDENTIALS VIA THE INTERNET
Barbara Hurst Offline
Barbara Hurst
I'll read the whole thing when I get time - because that kind of testimony fascinates me! However, you may not be aware that the hearings are only scratching the surface. There are, according to FBI studies, over 300 web sites that will sell you fraudulent and phony information, documents, diplomas, identification items, etc. 300! As soon as they shut one down, as they just did by prosecuting less than a dozen people - only five of whom got prison time - it seems that ten more open up! Our only defense in the banking industry is to train our people to examine documents and question information supplied if there is any possibility of false representation.
Keep investigating. It will only help if we are more aware of what is out there.

Return to Top
#11910 - 01/11/01 08:28 PM Re: PHONY IDS AND CREDENTIALS VIA THE INTERNET
Platinum Poster
Abu Dhabi / U.A.E
you might be intrested in visiting this web site: www.keesingref.com ,deals with all Kinds of forgery and counterfeitng related to ID,s & Bank Notes and the Data is accumulated By the I.C.P.O.- INTERPOL.

------------------
Hussam Al-Abed

[This message has been edited by Hussam Al-Abed (edited 01-11-2001).]

Return to Top
#11911 - 01/12/01 03:13 PM Re: PHONY IDS AND CREDENTIALS VIA THE INTERNET
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I did a quick search using AltaVista and the search term "Fake ID" - was taken to dozens of sites. Seems that the term "Novelty ID" will bring even more. Its a scary world.

[This message has been edited by jbedsole (edited 01-12-2001).]

Return to Top
#11912 - 01/12/01 06:51 PM Re: PHONY IDS AND CREDENTIALS VIA THE INTERNET
Platinum Poster
Abu Dhabi / U.A.E
I agree totally with you ,That's why it is Our duty to be On alert 24/7 to combat such criminal actions through training and awarness to Both clients ( so they won't be victims for ID theft ) and to bank employees ( so they won't be abused by criminals ) & in Both cases we provide some positive effort combat such crimes.

------------------
Hussam Al-Abed

Return to Top
#11913 - 06/01/01 09:01 PM Re: PHONY IDS AND CREDENTIALS VIA THE INTERNET
Anonymous
Unregistered

FYI-There is a company that sells guides which show valid identifications for US and International. It is updated annually with changes, etc. The website is www.driverslicenseguide.com or 1-800-227-8827 is the toll free number. It is located in Redwood City, CA.

Return to Top
#11914 - 06/02/01 11:59 AM Re: PHONY IDS AND CREDENTIALS VIA THE INTERNET
Dana Turner Offline

Platinum Poster
Dana Turner
Pipe Creek TX - U.S.
HFord:

Thanks for the reminder. I've recommended the I.D. Checking Guide since 1971. There are several versions, including an international I.D. one -- and the products are relatively inexpensive.

Those folks who use them typically keep them in the Operations Officer's desk, along with a magnifying glass and a flashlight with a Halogen bulb (MagLite). Each of these tools can come in very handy.

------------------
Dana Turner
Security Education Systems
danaturner@bankersonline.com
830-535-6500

Return to Top
#11915 - 06/04/01 01:32 PM Re: PHONY IDS AND CREDENTIALS VIA THE INTERNET
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dana,

I understand the magnifying glass but I have to ask, what do you use the flashlight for?

Return to Top
#11916 - 07/23/03 05:50 PM Re: PHONY IDS AND CREDENTIALS VIA THE INTERNET
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Dana, <P>I understand the magnifying glass but I have to ask, what do you use the flashlight for?

To see if light will pass through the card. I dont know, Something along them lines.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z