Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#116342 - 09/22/03 07:40 PM USAID identification card
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Over the past couple of years we have been faced with non-US persons providing the bank with invalid Ids. Well, invalid for our account opening and transactional purposes. What I am wondering, is where these darned things come from. Some of them even tout, "Legal identification" and "This Id card was issued pursuant to certified documentation and is compliance with state and federal requirements.". They are all photo Ids.

I figure that there is some fly-by-night shop that is selling these Id's to immigrants, but after they realize that these Ids are not generally accepted, why would they keep buying them? Why doesn't the govt try to shut these shops down?

The two we have received are "USAID Systems" and "US. ID Card Inc." Anyone have any experience with these?

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#116343 - 09/22/03 07:49 PM Re: USAID identification card
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
We've seen a few of them. Apparently some of those packing and mailing chain stores were selling them. After researching a little bit, we determined that they actually asked for some good source documents - birth certificate, voter ID card (a good Mexican ID), etc. when issuing the cards.

We will not accept them, but point out to the person presenting them that the information they gave the mailbox place would be what a government agency (either in Mexico or the US) would ask for to issue a valid ID - and to get one of those and come back to us.

Seemed that the word got around pretty fast in our border communities - we haven't seen one in a while.

Return to Top
#116344 - 09/22/03 07:57 PM Re: USAID identification card
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
I had to post this. While doing some research on one of these companies, I came across this website. It is a Lottery for illegal immigrants to enter in the hopes of winning a greencard. This is awful. Take a look at the fees.

USA Green Card

Return to Top
#116345 - 09/23/03 03:53 AM Re: USAID identification card
cbinder63 Offline

Platinum Poster
cbinder63
Colorado
The cards state on the bottom "Non-Government".
The Attorney General in Oregon has some information as well on this.
We do not allow this to be used as id.
The web site advertises these for $60, however the
people presenting them are paying $160 locally.

Return to Top
#116346 - 09/23/03 03:28 PM Re: USAID identification card
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Do you mean that complaints have been filed with the attorney general or that information is available to the public through his office? I checked out his website and I did not find any material on this subject.

Return to Top
#116347 - 09/24/03 03:00 AM Re: USAID identification card
cbinder63 Offline

Platinum Poster
cbinder63
Colorado

Return to Top
#116348 - 09/24/03 03:34 AM Re: USAID identification card
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Quote:

I had to post this. While doing some research on one of these companies, I came across this website. It is a Lottery for illegal immigrants to enter in the hopes of winning a greencard. This is awful. Take a look at the fees.

USA Green Card

The US does run a regular lottery for green cards. Here is the link link to official site. (Imigration is now part of Dept. of Homeland Security).

These other firms offer services to complete the required paperwork to enter the official government lottery. Probably something one can do oneself, but there is always someone offering to help you do something better (for a price) whether you really need it or not.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#116349 - 09/24/03 12:05 PM Re: USAID identification card
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

USA Green Card

Mackenzie, I received spam email from this company and thought the same thing.

Return to Top
#116350 - 09/26/03 07:14 PM Re: USAID identification card
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Quote:

Here is the link: "These cards are mere novelty items and have absolutely no legal effect."

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for. I have printed copies so that I can distribute these to the appropriate managers so they will be informed.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z