Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1750785 - 10/19/12 04:45 PM New Drive Up Window
CrazyTimes Offline
CrazyTimes
Really not sure anymore
Is it a requirement to install some exterior wall bullet proof material below the teller window at a drive-in window? This was normally a steel plate or a bullet resistant fabric.

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#1764178 - 12/05/12 07:44 PM Re: New Drive Up Window CrazyTimes
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
As far as I'm aware, no Federal Requlation = would check with your state regulator, if you're state chartered, and your insurance company may have some requirements.

Return to Top
#1769063 - 12/19/12 09:55 PM Re: New Drive Up Window CrazyTimes
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The Bank Protection Act hasn't really been updated in a very long time, nor is it very detailed, because most banks are doing more than is required in the first place. I'd suspect the insurance company rules have more to do with this than other laws. Are state laws more demanding?

I have a relative who works in an office that has bullet proof glass in an office where personnel records are stored. That is for security she said. The walls are made of sheet rock and there is a hallow core door to get into the office. I hope banks are smarter than this,.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1769887 - 12/21/12 07:33 PM Re: New Drive Up Window Andy_Z
fmissle Offline
Diamond Poster
Pac NW
Originally Posted By: Andy Z

I have a relative who works in an office that has bullet proof glass in an office where personnel records are stored. That is for security she said. The walls are made of sheet rock and there is a hallow core door to get into the office. I hope banks are smarter than this,.

It's actually to stop the employees from jumping out the windows grin

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z