Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1999159 - 03/02/15 04:53 PM ATM hood keys
Livin' the Dream Offline
Up a creek...
Is it necessary to keep ATM hood keys under dual control, they access only the computer area and receipt paper?

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#2000077 - 03/05/15 09:07 PM Re: ATM hood keys Livin' the Dream
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Congratulations on your first post to BOL Bankers' Threads, and welcome!

The computer area? I assume that someone with access to that area could introduce a thumb drive, disk, or CD with a program change. That could affect the way the computer instructs the machine to disburse funds.

That would concern me.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2000088 - 03/05/15 09:16 PM Re: ATM hood keys Livin' the Dream
Livin' the Dream Offline
Up a creek...
There is a place for those type of items and I feel the computer programming/instructional buttons being exposed is an issue. Also, that is where captured cards are stored. I was just looking for some additional insight to confirm my thoughts. Thanks!
Last edited by Livin' The Dream; 03/05/15 09:19 PM.
Return to Top
#2001913 - 03/16/15 08:30 PM Re: ATM hood keys Livin' the Dream
Tom Owen Offline
PA
Our ATMs are only accessed under dual control. We usually leave the keys in the locks, the hood locks for the top, which accesses keyboard, captured cards, receipt paper. How do you replenish your cash or balance your ATMs?

Return to Top
#2001916 - 03/16/15 08:42 PM Re: ATM hood keys Livin' the Dream
Livin' the Dream Offline
Up a creek...
Yes, our ATMs are also accessed under dual control, I was questioning the hood keys only. Long story short, we had an instance over a weekend where we could have helped a customer retrieve a card if these keys were not locked in the vault, this brought upon questions if they needed to be. After further thought, we are going to continue to keep everything locked under dual control, including these keys. Thank you for your response. smile

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z