Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2009825 - 04/23/15 05:41 PM Copies of Drivers License/Employee Files
Believing... Offline
Gold Star
In the mountains
I'm wondering if any other banks have this practice: we update and scan employee drivers licenses in our core system whenever they renew. When I asked why we did this, I was told that someone attended a seminar and was told it was a good idea. No one remembered why it was a good idea. I was concerned at first that it would override information that we are storing for CIP purposes. Now I'm wondering if this is done for security reasons and just housed in our information system instead of a file in Human Resources. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#2009912 - 04/23/15 08:12 PM Re: Copies of Drivers License/Employee Files Believing...
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
A couple of items to address. If you are scanning your employee files to your core system which is not unusual, I would assume this section is password protected and only authorized personnel have access to the documents. There would be no reason to update and scan a current drivers license. I see no reason for this process.

Return to Top
#2010154 - 04/24/15 05:02 PM Re: Copies of Drivers License/Employee Files Believing...
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I've heard of banks that had such files on all employees. In the event the employee needed to be identified, say a hostage situation, LEO would have a visual on the employee. This can be helpful if the perp switches places with them. Emergency contact info could also be in the same file.

I must say though, when I read comments that this is being done because its always been done and nobody knows why, maybe it's time to ask "why" and consider the stopping unless there is a good answer.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z