Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2181772 - 06/14/18 02:15 PM Bank Protection Act - Alarm System
clinds Offline
The regulation 21.3 states in part that: "(b)Each national bank shall have, at a minimum, the following security devices: (4) An alarm system or other appropriate device for promptly notifying the nearest responsible law enforcement officers of an attempted or perpetrated robbery, burglary or larceny;"

My question is does this apply to mortgage loan production offices. We have a mortgage loan production office in a commercial building and the rented out office does not have an alarm system in it. Is it necessary?

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#2181775 - 06/14/18 02:31 PM Re: Bank Protection Act - Alarm System clinds
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
other appropriate device

Does the commercial building not have any security? No security force present to ensure access after hours and monitor for break-ins. If someone walks in the front door when they are open, what are they going to steal - are phones not available to notify law enforcement? It is all based on risk.

Return to Top
#2181781 - 06/14/18 02:43 PM Re: Bank Protection Act - Alarm System rlcarey
clinds Offline
Thanks, I somehow overlooked the other appropriate device. I am not sure what the commercial building site has in place for security.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z