Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2172328 - 04/06/18 04:53 PM Need to join AZ Electronic Lien to file lien?
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Can any verify that the only way to file a vehicle lien in AZ is to join "Decision Dynamics, Inc.'s". ELT program in order to record a lien electronically? TIA

Return to Top
#2172455 - 04/08/18 01:48 PM Re: Need to join AZ Electronic Lien to file lien? HRH Okie Banker
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
From my reading, you can still file the lien at the MDV - however that is then transmitted to DDI and the FI is then required to electronically confirm the filing information and lien releases are then completed electronically.

How does this work?

Very simple:

1.The lender provides AZ MVD a title application (AZ Form 96-0236) with accompanying documentation. This can be handed in at a MVD office, through an approved third party (known as tag agents in other states) or through the mail. (Or an application for lien is handled by a dealer.)

2.Arizona MVD records the lien and sends an electronic message with similar titling information as appears on a paper form. This information includes a description of the vehicle and the name and address of the vehicle owner.

3.DDI receives the message from AZ, formats it, and makes it available to the lender in Premier eTitleLienâ„¢.

4.The lender works with Premier eTitleLienâ„¢ to validate the lien information.

5.Once the loan is satisfied, the lender uses Premier eTitleLienâ„¢ to release the lien.

6.The MVD mails a clear title (no lien) to the vehicle owner.

Return to Top
#2172634 - 04/09/18 08:37 PM Re: Need to join AZ Electronic Lien to file lien? HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Thank you

Return to Top