Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2190256 - 08/23/18 02:27 PM Marshall County taxes after tornado
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Not sure how to escrow for taxes for a property in Marshall County after the tornado wiped out the Treasurer's office.
Taxes are not certified.
Seems we should collect based on the last available bill but someone suggested padding it by 10%. I don't think that's permissible but wanted to know how anyone else has dealt with this issue.
Thanks for any light you can shed.

Return to Top
#2190274 - 08/23/18 03:02 PM Re: Marshall County taxes after tornado Truffle Royale
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
1024.17(c)(7) Servicer estimates of disbursement amounts. To conduct an escrow account analysis, the servicer shall estimate the amount of escrow account items to be disbursed. If the servicer knows the charge for an escrow item in the next computation year, then the servicer shall use that amount in estimating disbursement amounts. If the charge is unknown to the servicer, the servicer may base the estimate on the preceding year's charge, or the preceding year's charge as modified by an amount not exceeding the most recent year's change in the national Consumer Price Index for all urban consumers (CPI, all items). In cases of unassessed new construction, the servicer may base an estimate on the assessment of comparable residential property in the market area.

Return to Top
#2190286 - 08/23/18 03:36 PM Re: Marshall County taxes after tornado Truffle Royale
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I don't know how you manage to know exactly where every single applicable citation is, Randy, but I am reminded yet again how grateful I am that you do. Thanks again, TR.

Return to Top